VVTEC Racing Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
put shoe goo and drywall tape all over the inside as these bodies crack pretty easy. build up the bumper a bit with extra foam. better is to get an fg bumper (if the3 front is same as the nutech as the 2 little mounts are not going to last and the chassis has the holes for an fg bumper mount)

Vtec Mustang

Hey Pipe, ran the car today (3rd) tank, wow runs really well!! tthanks to everyones input:)
DO you know if i can replace the motor mounts for the ones on the gt5r? do they fit?, want to add the aluminum to make a little stronger.

gt5r parts should be a direct swap for everything as this is a plastic version of the same car. the motor layout and such are identical, I just haven't seen what the bumper mount looks like.

tires are the most important thing of all.

not to sound rude but i havn't read any posts only the thread starters so i don't know what has been said but OHH MY lord,carson and nutech are at it again re-branding old crap,sorry if comments will offend,but WHY is this been advertised as a drifter,this is so laughable it's hillairous.... the reason they are saying this is cause that's all those crap silly tires will do is slide around the place because they cannot grip.

is there any thing these companies won't do to sell cheap plastic junk to noobs!!

if i was a noob i may believe this 'drift' junk,cause as i say and it's the truth,those tires are junk and will not grip taking a corner,that aided by that stupid chassis which is just a waste of money uf you ask me.

and to the above poster pipeous,those alloy nutechs are no better,a waste of money
buy an an FG sportline -far better

Vtec Mustang

Guess what Decky, I took Pipe's advice, mounted FG progressive red front and yellow rear springs, a set of PMT H-20's all around and the car handles amazingly.Oh btw,I'm not a noob, 28 years, all onroad, just starting out with something a little economical, and guess what?, this chassis works.90% of set up is tires, and here in Puerto Rico, with 80-90 degree weather year round, those PMT tires work great and having a ball with this chassis, oh and for Xmas i'm stepping up to a GT5R. Thanks for everything PIPE and SLIP!!:D

my semi is part fg and part gt5r and has served me well. in 2 yrs of meets, well 1 yr regular and 1 yr sporadic, I have worn out tires, broke a steering servo (was a super impressive endover at end of the straight when I hit the boards, lower front hingepin screw came loose) and chewed spur gears.

I joke all the time about intimidating the cars, but truth is this thing handles extremely well, and even Sharkey will admit since he's driven it too. and even my fg f1 stock tires sucked so bad I was afraid to drive it... incl 105 degrees out.

sorry lads if my opinions were harsh,you may have good luck with it,all i'm saying though in all honesty when they do give trouble they generally just fall apart.

if i was going for a basher again for carlots i would buy a sportline fg but that's just me

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks