Warning - BZM 26cc in a Losi 5ive t - not a good idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's necessary to 'double up' on the steering servos, is it possible to fit an Oddified Tonegawa in place?
This will avoid the possibility of 2 servos working in opposition as may happen when racing - smash one, etc. ....

Al.

If it's necessary to 'double up' on the steering servos, is it possible to fit an Oddified Tonegawa in place?
This will avoid the possibility of 2 servos working in opposition as may happen when racing - smash one, etc. ....

Al.

Yea that can be done. Rover man runs that set up.

I'm not a fan of the big Japanese servo personally and would prefer 2 rhinos or hitecs for sure.

yes you can use a tonegawa but you will have to make your own servo plate.

if you can find a tonegawa servo , not many left now , new over £250

i made my twin servo tray and 2 servos £120

twin servo set up is a must on high grip tracks like astro , should be ok on lose dusty tracks

IMG_1476.jpg

Awesome.

But........

How can this be possible?

And I quote.

No need for an apology. I understand your impartial position.

A deliberate slur against one product to promote another........

Not classy at all.

Kind Regards.

Gareth.

You won't get one, like I said - I say it as I see it. As for impartial, yes I am as I would recommend lots of engines over the BZM - Try getting a non sponsored driver to give an appraisal during/after race condition.

As for being classy - ah who cares.

You won't get one, like I said - I say it as I see it. As for impartial, yes I am as I would recommend lots of engines over the BZM - Try getting a non sponsored driver to give an appraisal during/after race condition.

As for being classy - ah who cares.

That's all you have to reply with?

Seriously. I gave you to much credit.

Come back to the thread when you have some real information. Not something you were told to say.

Don't be a fall guy for anyone.

Sad........

Are you not bored yet Gareth? You should be on the stage - such a funny guy. I'm not the kind of guy to do what I'm told so i'll carry on doing what I do.

You want to promote your products in competition, go ahead if you can find anyone to use them, but don't expect people to be quiet if it's over priced/under performing cr4p.

Are you not bored yet Gareth? You should be on the stage - such a funny guy. I'm not the kind of guy to do what I'm told so i'll carry on doing what I do.

You want to promote your products in competition, go ahead if you can find anyone to use them, but don't expect people to be quiet if it's over priced/under performing cr4p.

The alarming thing is you know nothing but continue to spout.

As I said educate yourself.

Because I'm sure you know little about what a BZM engine actually is.

I'll get the engine running in races I have at least 6 FG owners looking for them.
The trouble is competition is a teeny weeny market. It's not where it's at.
It's not our focus but it won't stop me from stopping trolls like you spout complete tripe about something they know nothing about.

looks like it was running strong ,sounds nice too.
i wouldnt mind trying a bzm, to see what they are like for myself once the problems have been ironed out( if not already done so ). does the losi have the edge 'out of the box' over the mcd v4?

People have their favourite builders and swear by them. Ive tried the mmr pro mx 30.5, oddified 26cc red head and this longrod OBR, i know which is my favourite but since the other two engines were also good im not going to put them down.

The alarming thing is you know nothing but continue to spout.

As I said educate yourself.

Because I'm sure you know little about what a BZM engine actually is.

I'll get the engine running in races I have at least 6 FG owners looking for them.
The trouble is competition is a teeny weeny market. It's not where it's at.
It's not our focus but it won't stop me from stopping trolls like you spout complete tripe about something they know nothing about.

6 FG drivers are going to race them - well a big pat on the back for you for finding another 3, because there are only 3 racing FG cars in the UK at the moment.

Troll, I like that - I must use it more in conversation.

The one tiny point you've made that is correct - racing is a tiny part of the RC market but let's face it, 99% the big manufacturers use racing for R&D, it would be nice to see MMR turn up.

6 FG drivers are going to race them - well a big pat on the back for you for finding another 3, because there are only 3 racing FG cars in the UK at the moment.

Troll, I like that - I must use it more in conversation.

The one tiny point you've made that is correct - racing is a tiny part of the RC market but let's face it, 99% the big manufacturers use racing for R&D, it would be nice to see MMR turn up.

None from the UK owners from Europe and Australia mostly.

None from the UK owners from Europe and Australia mostly.

Convenient.

Get 5 of the 2wd racers to use them at a BRCA national (and finish the meeting) and then I'll be impressed, not only that but there won't be another negative word spoken on here about the BZM engines.
5 out of an average of 45 drivers per meeting shouldn't be too hard for a man of your caliber.

does the losi have the edge 'out of the box' over the mcd v4?

yes they don't break :D

mine was the one with the blue beadlocks wheels , it was the first time i used the car/motor , motor was running rich still on stock carb setting and standard clutch

so next time out change carb setting/clutch and gearing

yes they don't break :D

mine was the one with the blue beadlocks wheels , it was the first time i used the car/motor , motor was running rich still on stock carb setting and standard clutch

so next time out change carb setting/clutch and gearing

As the SC truck the Losi is very strong but convert it to the buggy and it's as susseptable to damage as any other open wheel car.

if you want to pay £600 for a losi buggy conversion is silly money.

elcon body with mcd wheels and tyres

the wheels thats on the v4 are flimsy that why all the mcd at the euros use the smaller wheels(that is what i seen in the videos)

when i had my mcd i used the smaller wheels , only every finshed 1 final so got rid of it. kept on breaking down

Last edited:
i try not to jump straight into buying these big rc cars or the engines to go in them, i like to find out and look up as much as possible so i don't make any more silly mistakes because i didnt do my homework...
im definatly leaning towards a losi 5t for abit of bashing fun. I don't use the hormann, it does out handle my others and is a nice piece but its just too slow like the fg baja .
Only other thing then is the engine and pipe, ive been reading up over the last few months on the engines and pipes available . With the extra weight and 4wd mechanical drag, i guess i will need something with a chunk of grunt , it looks as though the chassis and drivetrain will hold up with a few upgrades.
thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks