Weak parts bending

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan K.

Hey guys, so I've been running my Losi 5ive with very moderate bashing. I haven't flipped it even once yet or crashed into anything. I did very mild jumps on grass only. However, I seem to be bending/breaking parts. I've bent a crappy Integy Aluminum front steering hub. Fair enough, it's Integy and made of swiss cheese. I then replaced it with a stock plastic hub and it snapped. I also noticed I have a bent rear shock tower. The stock shock towers look a bit flimsy. I ordered replacement FID ones but they don't look much thicker than the stock ones. Hopefully it'll be stronger. I also ordered the FID steering hubs. Anybody else bending these parts with light bashing? I know the 5ive is heavy, so does it not take mild jumps?

5t and 5t 2.0 parts are interchangeable other than the driveline.. I rolled,flipped, lawn darted, launched my 2.0 and I never broke anything "stock" suspension wise knock on wood. See if you can get some 2.0 parts and see how you make out

Like rep I've flipped, darted, tumbled, cartwheeled heavy arse end landings from 6ft up and nothing has broken apart from my exhaust (plus engine but thats another story) on my 30 degrees truck (5T clone).
You must be doing something very wrong to be breaking parts like that.

Prices aren't too far off from the FID stuff I bought. If I bend them again, I'll give those other brands a try. The HPI baja so far has taken the most beating without breaking anything. Probably lighter and fewer parts since RWD. On the DBXL I've bent an upgraded tie rod end and deformed a plastic A arm while I cartwheeled on grass. Went back to the stock rods. Also snapped an aluminum steering rod and bent FID shock tower/steering hub when I hit a curb (receiver cut out). Aside from that, haven't broken anything with my mild bashing. It seems like these heavy 1/5 scales don't take cartwheels too well. I may have cartwheeled the 5ive once and that may be what caused the damage. I'm pretty delicate with bashing my cars, I like them to look shelf queen worthy.

Prices aren't too far off from the FID stuff I bought. If I bend them again, I'll give those other brands a try. The HPI baja so far has taken the most beating without breaking anything. Probably lighter and fewer parts since RWD. On the DBXL I've bent an upgraded tie rod end and deformed a plastic A arm while I cartwheeled on grass. Went back to the stock rods. Also snapped an aluminum steering rod and bent FID shock tower/steering hub when I hit a curb (receiver cut out). Aside from that, haven't broken anything with my mild bashing. It seems like these heavy 1/5 scales don't take cartwheels too well. I may have cartwheeled the 5ive once and that may be what caused the damage. I'm pretty delicate with bashing my cars, I like them to look shelf queen worthy.
I beat the sh1t out of my truck and it takes it, my baja doesn't like the same level of abuse.

What exactly have you bent on your truck?
If shock tower could it be that you have your preload set to much so your spring bottoms out before your shock has reached full travel? That would also shock load the steering knuckles too.

Bonehead towers
Oh My God Wow GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks