Well thats just 🐂💩

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a buddy that works for jaguar and has been working on these electric cars and he said everything will be hydrogen before the electric take hold.
he should know the kind of power it takes to crack water apart then. How's that going to be any more or less feasible? We need solutions that are cost effective for the masses. Some people will only ever be able to afford a $1000.00 beater car, and the battery replacement/ power cell replacement for these carbon neutral (as if) vehicles will not be cheap. Currently in a prius your looking $4k+ for battery replacement. Let alone if anything else in the drive line craps out. We're not there yet, not from battery tech, to power supply. Not even there for the hydrogen that would need produced to fuel a vehicle. You need to get more power out then you put in to make the fuel, once we hit that then I'll be all for it. Hence why I said when we have a nuclear fusion reactor that puts out a Q factor of 10+ well be in business for e vehicles. Current nuclear fission tech has been being phased out and I don't see any being built in the future. Too much can go wrong. Just like a hydrogen plant. One wrong move and boom goes the neighborhood.
What kind of person would give up on the fun of a gas engine to go electric. The real wrenchers will never let that :poop: happen.
ALso, very little polution (in the grand scheme of things) come from cars
I would, just something new to wrench on. 100% torque on demand, fewer moving parts, sure I'm in. The tech isn't there and the infilstructure isn't there. Nor will it be for many many many years.

I have a buddy that works for jaguar and has been working on these electric cars and he said everything will be hydrogen before the electric take hold.

Hydrogen was discussed here in the 70s - 80s and the Prime Minister at the time announced he was getting the first one off the line then the scientists decided it was too dangerous for the roads and that was the end of it.
As Sean said it takes heaps of power to make hydrogen so where is that going to come from?
Answer = coal or nuclear.

I would, just something new to wrench on. 100% torque on demand, fewer moving parts, sure I'm in. The tech isn't there and the infilstructure isn't there. Nor will it be for many many many years.
I get the torque on demand and fewer moving parts, but what exactly are you gonna wrench on, and chances are, companies are gonna make it hard for you wrench on it.

It's not even just about supplying electric to everyone. What about the people who live in apartments? or the people who have 6+ people living under one roof? They're talking the same crazy chit here and it just don't make sense. I'm in Brooklyn a few days a week for work, are they gonna put 2,000 chargers on every block there?

Also if you ban all gas cars by 2025, tf are less fortunate people gunna do? No everyone can afford a electric car as they wre much more expensive. Gas cars you can go and buy a running and driving car for very cheap, and gas is cheap, and maintenance can be cheap for them (depends on make though, don't buy a old beater euro car lol). Its gunna be a long ass while till you can buy a cheap beater electric car, if at all since their batteries will go bad after some time. So I guess people will have to walk to work ? 🤦‍♂️

aaaaaaaand just seen that the big super dooper gas powered power station they were gonna build in north yorkshire has now been scrapped :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,
looks like the uk government are gonna magic all the electric needed to charge cars from outa there arse now then :ROFLMAO:

It's not even just about supplying electric to everyone. What about the people who live in apartments? or the people who have 6+ people living under one roof? They're talking the same crazy chit here and it just don't make sense. I'm in Brooklyn a few days a week for work, are they gonna put 2,000 chargers on every block there?

They can all run leads out their windows to the cars below :ROFLMAO:

Not sure how people think electrics are green, do you know how much ore has to be mined to produce the required raw materials! I work in mining and it’s not really an environmentally friendly business. We are being legislated to death in North America with constraints on effluent discharge and what’s allowed.

Meanwhile in 3rd world countries worker safety is close to non existent and emissions are much more lenient and loosely regulated. I’m not sue what the percentage of the EV battery is recyclable either? What happens when all these car batteries start sh#tting the bed are they thinking about that!

Here in Ontario 14.7 cents a litre is provincial fuel tax and 6.63 carbon levy, federal tax 10 cents excise tax, then 5% Federal goods and services tax, back to provincial tax another 13% added on top. You do the math! How will revenue for roadway maintenance be generated. Watch electricity prices sky rocket then!

We are Eff’d!

Watch Top gear, Richard Hammond crashed an EV supercar and I believe they said it burned for at least a day might be a couple of days, can’t remember exactly!

Not sure how people think electrics are green, do you know how much ore has to be mined to produce the required raw materials! I work in mining and it’s not really an environmentally friendly business. We are being legislated to death in North America with constraints on effluent discharge and what’s allowed.

Meanwhile in 3rd world countries worker safety is close to non existent and emissions are much more lenient and loosely regulated. I’m not sue what the percentage of the EV battery is recyclable either? What happens when all these car batteries start sh#tting the bed are they thinking about that!

Here in Ontario 14.7 cents a litre is provincial fuel tax and 6.63 carbon levy, federal tax 10 cents excise tax, then 5% Federal goods and services tax, back to provincial tax another 13% added on top. You do the math! How will revenue for roadway maintenance be generated. Watch electricity prices sky rocket then!

We are Eff’d!

Down here they're talking about taxing by the distance you drive.
We'll all have to carry log books and show our odometers every year.

We are Eff’d!
Yes I actually do understand that aspect, quite well. Msha standards were ridiculous to say the least. Basically getting to the point where mining isn't going to be feasible in the USA.
Let alone the mining process, refining the raw materials, then producing the actual batteries, wire, and other electrical Components. And guess what, that's all powered by fossil fuels. The full on e-vehicles will have by far and large surpassed a conventional gas powered vehicle in carbon foot print before its even on the show room floor. Let alone the power generation needs to keep it charged. Sorry I'll go back to full on diesel and getting kitchen grease and oil to run it.

Just a general question for Joe Average Sean, not aimed at you!🤪 Haven’t been here long but I can tell by lurking many posts on this site who knows their poop and who’s advice and suggestions I trust. 👍🏻

The problem is most sheeple do not, and just regurgitate what is preached by mainstream media. Unfortunately mainstream media today has 0 journalistic ethics anymore and just chase the💵! Most people are too lazy to actually take the time to educate themselves and research subjects using accurate verified sources. They just believe what ever pops up in the 1st few returns from their internet search engine and don’t dig down deeper where you can find accurate sources of information if you are so inclined.

This day and age it easier to research than ever and mankind has become so self absorbed and lazy that they just think that corporate conglomerates, mainstream media and government will do the right thing and keep us safe.

Some of of us more critical thinkers have a pretty good idea how this approach will work out! Rant over.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Only 45% of NYC owns and drives a car. Your making it sound like every one does.
Doug what a wonderful thread you started. Got everyone in a Tizzy and panicking for nothing yet. And something maybe you should all think about . Whether you believe it or not we are destroying our planet, it all adds up. We are burning through our resources (Petrolium) it's used in everything . And once it's gone then what . No cars , plastics . Petrolium is used for a lot of stuff we don't even think about and may be a lot more important things than gas and diesel fuel.

I find it funny as hell listening to a 13 year old Preaching from the roof tops that they will never take his fuel burning toys away from his grubby little hands . F-u-c-k Future generations . People are so f-u-c-king spoiled and only care about their little piece of the world screw everyone else. Junkie you should be greatful some of us older folks actually care since you don't.

We should all be trying to leave this planet a better place some how for the generations coming after us.

And yes I enjoy my 2 stroke BAJA and my Camaro and my GSXR.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks