Welp i have an X-maxx now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Clubin nice assortment you got there. Out of all the setups you have what one is the most enjoyable? I love gas rc as well but it's still rc so I have a spot for it plus I want something that isn't as maintenance oriented as gas "can" be.

Well rep if its any help I got my 7 year old son a Rival MT10 over the weekend, he absolutely loves it even on 2S. Its strong too, it ran into his legs and 3/4 speed and the truck brushed it off while I was driving it (bad dad, oops).
If its anything like the XMAX I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. Time and place for petrol RC's, sometimes a quick bash with a battery basher is just as much fun.

I picked up a couple of HPI electrics in a bulk buy.
Learning about ESCs and battery ratings etc.
They're good if you want to run near your house.
My neighbours get a bit upset with my Jetpros.

I like the castle stuff. It’ll do a standing backflip with a xlx2 and 1100kv. Proline basher bodies are way better than stock but still get cracked up. The stock
Tires are good for stock. Anything with more power needs a new set of belted tires. Get The conversion kit to run Losi 5ive tires. They’ll take a good beating.

Oh. I hate m2c. Hopefully you don’t have the same experience I did.
EBay and vitavon. They make everything that you’ll need to toughen it up. This isn’t new to you I’m sure you can look at a model and know where to put strength.

I’ll get some pics for you tomorrow. Just been so busy.

I appreciate the comments fellas, @Phill2 I agree it is nice to be able to "sneak" somewhere that generally frowns upon any type of gas vehicle being used. My wife and I just got back from the beach a little while ago and it was an absolute blast, even found a nice section of dune fence that had a perfect angle for backflips. No I didn't land in the dunes it launched backwards :LOL: 🤦‍♂️..what was funny was the fact the seagulls had no idea wtf it was and I cleared a whole patch of them.

@Clubin yea if you don't mind so I can see what some modded ones look like and yea I can see some areas where strength can be added. My friend with the hobby shop said the sweet spot is 22t pinion and a 50 spur, any objections? I plan to keep the power plant stock for the time being but I'm not objecting to modding for purpose. I understand using 5t wheels but wouldn't it look funny? I like the monster truck look and id like to stay with the sizing. Also what's everyone's take on the widemaxx kit?

Last thing diff fluid weights? I'm not liking the front ballooning and I see the center diff favors the front alot. I don't mind the wheelies but can't stand to see the fronts go nuts.

I appreciate the comments fellas, @Phill2 I agree it is nice to be able to "sneak" somewhere that generally frowns upon any type of gas vehicle being used. My wife and I just got back from the beach a little while ago and it was an absolute blast, even found a nice section of dune fence that had a perfect angle for backflips. No I didn't land in the dunes it launched backwards :LOL: 🤦‍♂️..what was funny was the fact the seagulls had no idea wtf it was and I cleared a whole patch of them.

@Clubin yea if you don't mind so I can see what some modded ones look like and yea I can see some areas where strength can be added. My friend with the hobby shop said the sweet spot is 22t pinion and a 50 spur, any objections? I plan to keep the power plant stock for the time being but I'm not objecting to modding for purpose. I understand using 5t wheels but wouldn't it look funny? I like the monster truck look and id like to stay with the sizing. Also what's everyone's take on the widemaxx kit?

Last thing diff fluid weights? I'm not liking the front ballooning and I see the center diff favors the front alot. I don't mind the wheelies but can't stand to see the fronts go nuts.

I take my gassers down the beach where no one is around.
I tend to stick to the wet sand at low tide.
The dry stuff gets in everywhere.
Chasing gulls is fun!

I blow it down and spray liberally with WD40.
Sometimes a little water is needed.
I was surprised when I pulled one of my gassers down and found sand under the fuel tank and servos so a full pull down is needed occasionally.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks