What carb is this one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashz

It came in a 36cc Rofun engine. They were usually shipped with a 1107 but this one looks like a 1191?
If so, does someone know factory settings for it?image.jpg

Last edited:
I mean it performs a bit better then the 990 but I almost feel like it's worse then the 1191 and walbro says they are the same? Somethings a bit fishy. I wish I still had my 1191 to compare.
They are the same, nothing fishy about it, only thing I can think may be different is the metering spring, but I don't have an 1191 either so no way to tell. This is pretty std for engine mfg to have a company "make" them a carb to their spec. Same bore and venturi same rebuild kits for both, the body is listed as the same part number as well. Tbh we have seen enough variances in carb set up from different guys having issues over the years for it to be believable. One of them just found the metering lever was too low right out of the box, gotta remember they are mass produced so theres bound to be tolerance issues from time to time. For all I know the 1191 could be the factory second to get it a bit cheaper ?

They are the same, nothing fishy about it, only thing I can think may be different is the metering spring, but I don't have an 1191 either so no way to tell. This is pretty std for engine mfg to have a company "make" them a carb to their spec. Same bore and venturi same rebuild kits for both, the body is listed as the same part number as well. Tbh we have seen enough variances in carb set up from different guys having issues over the years for it to be believable. One of them just found the metering lever was too low right out of the box, gotta remember they are mass produced so theres bound to be tolerance issues from time to time. For all I know the 1191 could be the factory second to get it a bit cheaper ?

Sounds like a clear case of another company cleaning up anothers mistake ,like the time when Team Novak had to clean up Traxxases
fouled up ESC!...???

Too be honest not sure what you where expecting ? oh an actual 1107 from rovan?
It is an actual re branded 1191 though. I compared it to my 990 and the venturi and inlet ports are the same size but the middle part is much wider. Since walbro themselves make this carb and its a good price, doesn't that technically make everything else smaller irrelevant?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks