What do i buy???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Well I decided to go with a new head for my CY 26 and zen 23cc.
Right ,the model number on the CY is CY29398B.its a standard 26cc with no mods.I wrote to DDM today to ask advice and he put me in the direction of this
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4835/.f
but i was thinking on the lines of this
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4836/.f
The latter comes with a stuffed stroker .Will this stroker set up work on my engine?How can i tell if mine is a stroker crank set-up already? Its a bit confusing to say the least!
Here is a copy of the original email i sent.Can anyone shed some light on it.

Hiya,I've been doing a bit of searching on your site and need a bit of advice.I have a CY29398B 26cc engine that needs a head and piston upgrade.Would you recommend the CA486+dd321 or the CY billet head cc50x + dd3x and is it compatible? also I have another Zenoah 23cc standard engine that's a bit tired and was wondering if the CA481 was compatible as well? I need a crankcase gasket and the one I have chosen is yellow and not the standard blue that's on the original crankcase does it make any difference? I also need a carb spacer but cannot find it on your site.

Thanks in advance.
J.:blush:

The stroker crank will work on your lower end...where the difference is in the cylinder
and the base gasket ....i am no great fan of the plastic used in the stroker crank...
it has been known to fly apart... a solid crank with 1+ or 2+ To make a stroker would
be my choice for a stroker crank....
the yellow case gasket for the 2 lower half's is fine.....
as far as the base cylinder gasket get a copper gasket .020 should work.....
Any other questions?.....Slawhammer
PS ....make sure you use the engine shroud for cooling....

Last edited:
your motors will be none stroker cranks stock 28mm cranks

don't worry about stroker motors they will just give you less top end and more torgue you need to gear them up to notice any speed gains

this is what im would recomend for value for money, and gear reilibity and it will be a power improvement over both engines you want to rebuild

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/sc.12/category.27901/.f?range=49,96,127

these are not bad also

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4164/.f

then you can just leave you bottom ends alone and just replace these

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1278/.f

Cheers Benk,I've just been talking to Slaw and bought the 'Deal of the day' from daves and a good few bits and bobs to go with them.
Got another problem,took the Beetle out today it was a pretty hot day about 76 degs.When I was running it after about 5 mins when it was at operating temp it started to bog down.It runs an FG tuned pipe and the carb settings are at standard.
Any ideas ?
Cheers
j.

Hey Voo doo..on the bogging..you have to adjust you high needle in or out some..
depends on heat of day and humidity...You have to go off the base settings a little..
Similur to nitro.....Like your getting too much gas..or not enough.....I would guess to open the needle 1/8 turn..see what ya got.......Slawhammer

Hey Voo doo..on the bogging..you have to adjust you high needle in or out some..
depends on heat of day and humidity...You have to go off the base settings a little..
Similur to nitro.....Like your getting too much gas..or not enough.....I would guess to open the needle 1/8 turn..see what ya got.......Slawhammer

Slaw,Tried the needle settings,all ok.

Benk,Its bogging on top end,might just be an over tired head and ring?

Any suggestion lads?
J.

Cheers Benk,I've just been talking to Slaw and bought the 'Deal of the day' from daves and a good few bits and bobs to go with them.
Got another problem,took the Beetle out today it was a pretty hot day about 76 degs.When I was running it after about 5 mins when it was at operating temp it started to bog down.It runs an FG tuned pipe and the carb settings are at standard.
Any ideas ?
Cheers
j.

sounds like its heat soaking to me. getting too hot from a bit lean needle settings, but they are so lean the motor lean siezes. just gets really hot and starts to dog performance.

richen the needles 1/8th a turn and see if it gets any better.

first i would say to lean, but if motors are old, or sucked in dust once they get warm they will start bogging and slow down.

to me its a sign an engine, whether its a chainsaw weed wacker, or rc engine is old and worn out if i know the tune is good.

i have a couple of engines that go like hell and perform well, but once they are warmed up they bog and get slower and slower then they stop and will not start, the engines are well worn and have had a good run

first i would say to lean, but if motors are old, or sucked in dust once they get warm they will start bogging and slow down.

to me its a sign an engine, whether its a chainsaw weed wacker, or rc engine is old and worn out if i know the tune is good.

i have a couple of engines that go like hell and perform well, but once they are warmed up they bog and get slower and slower then they stop and will not start, the engines are well worn and have had a good run

I think its dust and sand mate,I've been running the standard filter for a while now and when i stripped the 26cc down it was like grinding paste inside.
Do you know how quick realese engine mounts work? I've had a look on the web but cant find any info on them.
cheers
J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks