What oil do you run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The VP location near me has very bad reviews lol. There is another place called 100 octane that sells 100 octane fuel. I'm not sure if it has ethanol in it though I would have to ask.
Do you have any Sunoco stations in your area. Or stations that sell Sunoco fuels? We have three 10 miles and under and all of them have a big stainless cabinet outside with 5 gallon cans of various race fuels and the 95 octane small engine fuel.

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuels/fuel/optima

Is it okay to use that "4 cycle" fuel on a 2 stroke?
Do you have any Sunoco stations in your area. Or stations that sell Sunoco fuels? We have three 10 miles and under and all of them have a big stainless cabinet outside with 5 gallon cans of various race fuels and the 95 octane small engine fuel.

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuels/fuel/optima
Just checked their website. Said no stores around me within a 100 mile radius lol

Since this has sort of gone to a fuel thread at the moment I will add my 2 cents ; if you want take it ; if not ignore it.

Higher octane fuel in a low compression engine does not make more power ; it makes less if there is not compression to support it.

I run VP 94 octane due to the fact it is the only non-E fuel I can get my hands on unless I travel to another state.
Even 94 is more than what these motors need. If I could get 89 or 90 off the pump here I would be running that.

Bottom line is if you can run non-E then do it , Alcohol ( or lack of) is the main issue not octane.

As far as oil pick your poison.

Since this has sort of gone to a fuel thread at the moment I will add my 2 cents ; if you want take it ; if not ignore it.

Higher octane fuel in a low compression engine does not make more power ; it makes less if there is not compression to support it.

I run VP 94 octane due to the fact it is the only non-E fuel I can get my hands on unless I travel to another state.
Even 94 is more than what these motors need. If I could get 89 or 90 off the pump here I would be running that.

Bottom line is if you can run non-E then do it , Alcohol ( or lack of) is the main issue not octane.

As far as oil pick your poison.
I'll add a twist to this. There is more than octane that makes a fuel perform differently in certain applications. These engineered fuels have different evaporation rates and vapor pressure ratings, than pump gas, among other things. In my experience, running and tuning ope and rc, you know how much...lol, there is no performance loss with canned small engine fuel from VP, Sunoco or tru fuel.

There was a fella on OPE a few years back that did all kinds of fuel and ratio testing on saws. He used a Stihl Mtronic saw to keep the human tuning out. Reset between tests. New chain every test. Same square milled wood. 87 and VP 94 were the fasest cutting fuel and pretty much identical in cut times. All the rest were 89-110 octane, if I recall, and all were slower with the race fuel being the slowest. He was using 32:1 honda hp2 oil in all of the fuels.

Which is also an excellent oil...

Just got in touch with a VP station near me. They said they do not have 94 but they have the 101 octane and that goes for $105 for a 5 gallon container. Overpriced or is this okay? Keep in mind, I am in California lol.

One day old thread and this is the 30th reply. Yall must love this topic😃
Yep. Some of us nerd out on this crap. 😁
Just got in touch with a VP station near me. They said they do not have 94 but they have the 101 octane and that goes for $105 for a 5 gallon container. Overpriced or is this okay? Keep in mind, I am in California lol.
Look online. I had it shipped to me from a place called Zoro before my nephew became a dealer.

Trufuel costs more than the $105 five gal pail of vp (gallon for gallon) . Depending on your engine, and/or engine builder, the compression can be raised to make use of the higher octane. I got a 1242 carb because it's ethanol resistant, and I'm also in southern "Commifornia". I think all pumps around here have ethanol except out at the raceway by me in Irwindale, and I was told that dude won't sell to public, but I haven't tried... yet!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks