What one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHES

Hi
I am looking at getting one of the baja's and was wondering if it was worth going for the ally one or just the plastic and then upgrade as and when?
I know it sounds funny but plastic has some flex and obviously alloy does not and I like to leave a weak point that is easily replaced but if it is all alloy then there is no weak point.
Hope I'm making sense
DHES

which one?

my experience is, you make a change by adding alloy to replace plastic, you change the weak point to something else. example, if you have alloy upper and lower control arms, you could move the weak point to the shock tower or wherever.

I agree with hotrod, I think the give thats in plastic has saved me from getting more breakages. I have no intention of replacing plastic parts with alloy.

Id buy the plastic one and spend the saved money on the hop ups you need like kill switch, outerwears etc.

That's what I was hoping you'd say.
Is there anything that should be ordered straight away that are renowned for breaking?

Is there anything that should be ordered straight away that are renowned for breaking?

Personally I cant think of anything, most of the things Ive had to replace have been from my crashing into things lol

My KM came with lots of spare plastic parts which I was really pleased with, hopefully yours will too

I bought the full alloy KM 29cc and I would swear by them! They are a quality car, ignore all the crap you hear about them ,they are really excellent cars.
One thing I done was to replace all my electrical gear in them and used my own.
Picture520.jpg
Picture522.jpg
Picture521.jpg
J.:w00t:

Things I say to have just in case. New Pull start. Extra Eclips. Even though the KM came with 2 I lost them.

Damn you pull starts. I am on my 3rd. Still perfecting my starting technique.

Things I say to have just in case. New Pull start. Extra Eclips. Even though the KM came with 2 I lost them.

Damn you pull starts. I am on my 3rd. Still perfecting my starting technique.

Yeah Ive been through a few pull starts as well, you can pick them up cheap any time though

Glad to hear a lot of positive feedback
Re the pull start will a cy pull start fit cos I have one knocking about in the shed?

My KM is now all alloy and i'm a basher, but mine has keep up very well. I have always been told not to go alloy but I did and i'm very happy. Enjoy the KM... Breakage is going to happen..... I replaced my rope on my pull start with cable... It has held up well..

Mike

I'd go with plastic a-arms (I went with RPM arms), but I recommend going with alloy shock towers and supports, and maybe alloy hubs/carriers if you break the stock ones.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks