What pipe for 34cc OBR in a HPI Baja 5b?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a lot of varied pipe recommendations. There are SO many varied "what pipe is best " opinions. Those of you who know me , know that I have a different approach as to what pipe is "best". I have the DDM V2 silenced, and love that pipe. What makes the DDM my preferred pipe ? 1) it has an awesome compromise of BROAD power delivery. Compared to the stock Rovan pipe which seems to be a more top end and peaky power delivery. I definitely notice the DDM hitting earlier in the rpm's. The DDM is also a TOUGH pipe, very thick gauge metal and very nice weld craftsmanship. Lastly which is VERY important to me is the fact the DDM is silenced. The silencer does a decent job as lessening the ear shreaking noise that an "open stinger" type pipe omits. My stock Rovan pipe is SO loud it's annoying. Do your part and preserve the sport by keeping the noise down, just because you love your Jetpro open pipe screaming at 14K rpm's doesn't mean everyone else around you does. The "Eco freaks" calling the cops on you because of noise is not a good thing. As always it your money, your choice but try to think about all the aspects of a pipe purchase other than just wanting mega hp gains.

$169 bux and with a cupon code you can get another 5% off :

http://www.davesmotors.com/DDM-Domi...-Port-for-HPI-Baja-5b-5t-DDM008-3-Chrome.html

I agree completely Polar?? I have an unsilenced Barty pipe on my Vekta and its deafening. I actually just ordered a VRC silenced for it on DDM DOTD. I'm sure I'll loose some top end but to me it's worth it. Plus I actually need a little more bottom to get that heavy rig moving? Now on the other hand I ordered an Olimat unsilenced for my 5ive-B to be used strictly at the track with my OBR sig series 34.

You guys know that most pipes can be bought in silenced or unsilenced versions. And its (like polar and crucial sugest) personal preference for what you run. I don't have noise nazi's and have a large area to run,the noise doesn't bother me a bit. You will loose a bit of top end with the silenced pipe, but any decent pipe will be minimal, and you may even gain a bit of bottom end. I have the DDM v2 on my dbxl, it does ok. Deffinatly better then the stock bread box, but I have always kicked myself for not getting a bart,oli,vrc. It just lacks something up top. This is a subjective opinion, as all other are.

Cool. I’ve had a lot of pipes over the years. Had problems with a lot. Victory makes the bzm pipe so I have no worries. They stand by there products and I’ve seen nothing but good out of that pipe with ported and reed case engines.

I agree completely Polar?? I have an unsilenced Barty pipe on my Vekta and its deafening. I actually just ordered a VRC silenced for it on DDM DOTD. I'm sure I'll loose some top end but to me it's worth it. Plus I actually need a little more bottom to get that heavy rig moving? Now on the other hand I ordered an Olimat unsilenced for my 5ive-B to be used strictly at the track with my OBR sig series 34.

I honestly am willing to bet you are going to realize that while you lost a slight amount of top end, you gained more midrange torque and better throttle response, which you will actually gain more overall observed performance. Adding a silencer in most cases adds better internal gas scavenging pulses and helps midrange and throttle response. Most recreational bashers spend 90% of their time accelerating to max rpm's , NOT "maintaining" peak rpm's. This is a very important aspect. For most it;s all about "max hp, and max speed".
You guys know that most pipes can be bought in silenced or unsilenced versions. And its (like polar and crucial sugest) personal preference for what you run. I don't have noise nazi's and have a large area to run,the noise doesn't bother me a bit. You will loose a bit of top end with the silenced pipe, but any decent pipe will be minimal, and you may even gain a bit of bottom end. I have the DDM v2 on my dbxl, it does ok. Deffinatly better then the stock bread box, but I have always kicked myself for not getting a bart,oli,vrc. It just lacks something up top. This is a subjective opinion, as all other are.

Your more the exception to the rule. You have the advantage and skill to really let the peak rpm's sing and hold them there. In my situation with lack of ample room to let her rip I need to tailor my rpm's favoring the midrange. You can truly reap the advantages of a top end pipe, and as a bonus you need not worry about the dam "eco-freaks" LOL

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks