What the best carb option for my maverick blackout v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no not @ all
hi needle close then open 1 full turn + 1/2
low needle close then open 1 full turn + 1/8 warm your engine then tune with small turn 1/8 at a time
heres a vid follow it
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
The 990 carb is by far the easiest to tune and simple to start but you cant just go yanking on the pull start and think it will fire up. There is a reason so many high end motor builders recommend this carb. Before yanking on it prime the bulb, give it 3-4 slow pulls on the rope to prime the engine, find a compression stroke then give it a solid yank it should definitely fire if the tune is close to recommended settings.

The 990 carb is by far the easiest to tune and simple to start but you cant just go yanking on the pull start and think it will fire up. There is a reason so many high end motor builders recommend this carb. Before yanking on it prime the bulb, give it 3-4 slow pulls on the rope to prime the engine, find a compression stroke then give it a solid yank it should definitely fire if the tune is close to recommended settings.

That's exactly the way I tried to start it but the resulting sore shoulder beat me until I found starter fluid.
Some people seem to have no problems while others have nothing but problems.
Unfortunately I was one of the latter.
It ran OK when I had it going but no discernible difference to a choked carb.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks