What's FG road car has the best aftermarket support?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
What fg on road car has the most aftermarket/fg upgrade support for it? I'd like it to be under 1000 bucks rtr or kit, im not even close to being ready to buy one (lol too poor) just curious, also are the mecatech parts compatible with fg?'

Last edited:
From what iv seen if you are just getting a standard fg rtr touring car ther are three main differences 510cm wheel base or 535cm wheel base 2wd or 4wd.
2wd front suspension lower arms are not the same as 4wd. So some spare are interchangeable except the front end. The engine on the 2wd lyes at more of an angle coz no front drive belt in the way. There are loads of spare about for both 2wd and 4wd, ddm has a tone of spare but not everything. It will come down to prefrence which car floats your boat?
Hope that helps

From what iv seen if you are just getting a standard fg rtr touring car ther are three main differences 510cm wheel base or 535cm wheel base 2wd or 4wd.
2wd front suspension lower arms are not the same as 4wd. So some spare are interchangeable except the front end. The engine on the 2wd lyes at more of an angle coz no front drive belt in the way. There are loads of spare about for both 2wd and 4wd, ddm has a tone of spare but not everything. It will come down to prefrence which car floats your boat?
Hope that helps
thanks for the info, are mecatech parts interchangeable with the fg cars?

don't know tbh sure some must be but not 100%
Im keen to build a fg beetle:love: so iv been looking around
At spares ect. If you go onto rc car online de the have part scout so you can see an exploded view of all the cars. If you click on a part it apears at the bottom of the page. Click on the part and it gives a description and a compatibility wich model it fits. Its a good way to check what fits were

don't know tbh sure some must be but not 100%
Im keen to build a fg beetle:love: so iv been looking around
At spares ect. If you go onto rc car online de the have part scout so you can see an exploded view of all the cars. If you click on a part it apears at the bottom of the page. Click on the part and it gives a description and a compatibility wich model it fits. Its a good way to check what fits were
fg beetles are awsome!! i wanna get a fg monster truck, sportsline, or f1 for my next truck, first gotta finish my baja.

few years back the released a stadium beetle 2wd. I want 4wd stadium rims wack a 30.5 full mode:love:. don't like the beetle pro paint job but has got leopard suspension. so I'll buy a doana rtr swop out some bits here and there buy a clear body! muck about till I get what I want?(y)

few years back the released a stadium beetle 2wd. I want 4wd stadium rims wack a 30.5 full mode:love:. don't like the beetle pro paint job but had got leopard suspension. so I'll buy a doana rtr swop out some bits here and there buy a clear body! muck about till I get what I want?(y)
stadium beetles are also nice but my favorite rc ever is the monster beetle beetle.jpg ahhh soo nice :love::love:(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks