Whats this fg onroad car worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OuttaLuck

Im thinking of buying this fg onroad i need to know what its worth as i know very little about these cars

I think it started life as a sportsline and since has had alot of upgrades

1be4d761.jpg

c597611a.jpg

c597611a.jpg

b3b25268.jpg

630d70c2.jpg

abdbc30f.jpg

Cheers Troy

it looks about the same as mine sportsline converted to comp spec i give £500 for mine ready to run with 10 pairs of new and used wheels some spares and a newish body shell plus car bag ect,,,but only you can put a price on it whats it worth to you how badly do you need it

buying mine was the best thing ive done in this hobby there really great cars and good fun theres a lot of nice upgrades on the car you posted and if you added the cost of all these parts and the price of a sportsline its got to be worth the money

This guy had another fg i think it was an evo8 i just missed out on for $1500
index.php

And now its got this other sportsline converted comp and wants $900

Whats your thoughts ? i think its to much! but i don't know lol
Also comes with a unpainted bmw body

its all down to what your willing to part with mate id never had a fg on road car and snapped it straight up and i love it there wicked in fact i would have paid much more for it plus if your getting a new unpainted shell with it that saves you a fair bit of money and you get to choose the colour and design and to be honest its the body shell that makes the car it could be a stock sportsline or a full on comp/evo if the shell looks crap the car looks crap it don't matter what under the shell its all about the body

and another good thing about the car that your looking at is lwb so more body choice and better handling with mine i paid £500 for the car and added a few other parts that bumped it up to @£700 but i can use it for a couple of years and if needed i could ebay it in bits and get back what its cost if not more

plus my favorite bit with the on road cars you take them out few hours bashing and all it needs after is dusting off and new tyres every now and then unlike the off road that comes home and needs 2 hours cleaning and checking for bent/broken parts cracks in the shell ect my on roads been abused all weekend without a single issue only a bit of tyre wear

Thats what i like with the boats no cleaning just a wipe off :D

So would you pay $900us for it ? is it worth it ? also do you have hydraulic brakes or cable on yours?

whats the 900us in real money £ its not far away frrom what i give for mine to be honest

mine had cables all round but i brought a cheap set of hydros of ebay for £60 and managed to sell the front cables for @£40 so nearly free set of hydros but it worked realy well with cables and didnt need hydros but are much better and when on full chat you want it stopping on a dime

if you thinking about it and have 900us to spend then get it mate lifes to short plus if you neeed cash down the line or the on roads not for you then you can out it,,,but i love mine i was woried that id not use it enough to be worth while but its had more use than the off road this weekend and last week ive done 3 full tanks with now trouble and the only downside is tyres ive cained £90 in tyres in 3-4 good runs but there good for another 3-4 so its not that bad

another good thing with the on roads is you don't need a monster engine like the off roads do a 23cc is plenty and cheap to replace and repair a nice tuned 23cc zenoah with the pipe fitted on that car will perform very well

its a good bonus the clear shell its a few quid you aint gotta spend and you can paint it to youre taste

have you had a fg on road before or is this a first if so get i promise you will love it

its a good bonus the clear shell its a few quid you aint gotta spend and you can paint it to youre taste

have you had a fg on road before or is this a first if so get i promise you will love it

This would be my first onroad and my first fg modellsport im looking forward to getting one soon and il do a thread like yourself

you cant go far wrong with fg i don't know what spares are like downunder but over here ebays great

the fg's are easy to work on and even stock plastics are good but id have the car your looking at in a second the pipe alloy upgrades are all a few quid and things your going to want down the line anyway so a choice between this or a new sportsline id take the second hand one with half the work done you can add some hydros if you want at a later date,,

you cant go far wrong with fg i don't know what spares are like downunder but over here ebays great

the fg's are easy to work on and even stock plastics are good but id have the car your looking at in a second the pipe alloy upgrades are all a few quid and things your going to want down the line anyway so a choice between this or a new sportsline id take the second hand one with half the work done you can add some hydros if you want at a later date,,

Parts aint to hard to find here, and i think you are right with buying second hand, also i don't think it would take much more to upgrade it to full comp specs;)

thats the reason i brought mine it was a sportsline but its now more like the full alloy comp model for half the price of a sportsline new and a quarter of the comp spec/evo cars which in a car park aint going to be any better if your on a track and racing yeah fair enough its a evo all day long

The one i posted is suppose to need alot of work done to it i have been told by some of the guys, even tho it looks ok and has alot of good upgrade il have to let it pass...

But iv found a genuine evo 5 its a roller tho and in need of an engine thats it.........
I don't know much about it yet the car was only offered to me this morning through a email, when i get more info il let you know and post some pics

ps if had $3500us id buy the latest new evo aswell lol

Troy

like i said im a previous post the beauty of the on road cars is you only need a stock 23cc and if budget allows a race ported 23cc thats plenty ive seen vids of cars and 29cc ported things that only spin round,im running a 23cc oddified zenoah and a fg stock sportsline pipe i belive made by mike melleke and low gearing 20/44 which is ok for where i use but it does run out of room quick and goes like stink

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks