Where is the 1/5th scale hobby, dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members,
I freely admit I am predigest.
5th Scale is king period!!!!
Nitro is great for planes.
Electric is great for boats.
Gas is he GOLD STANDARD.
This is what I run, see pic's.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.

IMG_0502.jpgIMG_0502.jpgIMG_0504.jpg

There is lots of people running RCs out there. Most just run around their neighborhood so you don't hear or see anything about it.

1/5 (technically 1/6 scale for mine) scale is a special breed since it is expensive. I like to speed runs, which generally is not something that people get together for. Typically 5-10 passes and im done for the day. (10-30 mins tops)
If by chance anyone in the north Dallas area wants to meet up i'd be happy to entertain the company.
So far my best is 71.5mph with the X-maxx.

-Liberty

There is lots of people running RCs out there. Most just run around their neighborhood so you don't hear or see anything about it.

1/5 (technically 1/6 scale for mine) scale is a special breed since it is expensive. I like to speed runs, which generally is not something that people get together for. Typically 5-10 passes and im done for the day. (10-30 mins tops)
If by chance anyone in the north Dallas area wants to meet up i'd be happy to entertain the company.
So far my best is 71.5mph with the X-maxx.

-Liberty

5th scale is cheap when you consider you can by a nice RTR for $439. Most people think they are more.

A decent 1/8 scale is twice that or more. I've $2k in a Gaui X7 helicopter and $1k in a 1/8th Xray.

We have a large group of drag racers that meet up in north ft worth. Speed runs is all they do.

We have a few 5th scale guys for the 5th scale on road and off road track here.

I live in Loganville, GA. It is a city in a state that apparently has a low interest in RC cars/trucks. I live in a suburban ares where it seems I'm the only man with an RC car. I guess people look at me as if I'm an old idiot with two heads--a big retarded child. (I'm 67.) The point I'm trying to make is, that as far as MOST aroundd me is concerned the RC Hobby is worse than dead; it seems non-existent. But what does that have to do with me?? I am an RC fanatic and I have fun by myself. It is MY hobby and makes me happy. Yes, I have a fifth scale vehicle. I own a Redcat Rampage XR that I've converted into a truck. I've built a large technical track in my backyard and I have tons of fun by myself, and I know that in every part of the world there are people like myself: lonewolf RC enthuisasts. When I lose parts or parts wear down I go on eBay and I purchase more. I'm sure if I multiply myself by other lonewolf fifth-scalers, we'll come up to be a huge number.

Fot me the 1/5 scale hobby is very much alive!

The latest offering as far as fifth scale is the KRAKEN VEKTA 5TT (Trophy Truck) that will, I'm sure, give the LOSI 5T a run for the money.

Hold strong, my brother. Enjoy your hobby. It is yours and yours alone. Enjoy it that way. It's all that matters. PEACE!
So true brother I'm 49 retired stay home dad. I've just got into 1/5 gas and love the interaction coming out of this forums1/5) I'm getting so much advice out of it and to a newbie it's unbelievable. I love this hobby but same as you don't know anyone to do with yet .this hobby is cheap compared to other hobbies . Thanks bro
5th scale is cheap when you consider you can by a nice RTR for $439. Most people think they are more.

A decent 1/8 scale is twice that or more. I've $2k in a Gaui X7 helicopter and $1k in a 1/8th Xray.

We have a large group of drag racers that meet up in north ft worth. Speed runs is all they do.

We have a few 5th scale guys for the 5th scale on road and off road track here.
i wish I lived near you ? Thanks Andrew

Really 1/5 scale when you work it out it's not too bad on the pocket over a lifetime it's nothing .have fun doing what you love. a new pair of shoes for my wife cost probably the same maybe maybe not (keeping it safe wouldn't wanna sleep outside tonight. a new motor cross bike would cost me well over $10,000. Plus parts and would probably stack into a tree and break something ( my neck )It's all you guys doing this that will keep the hobby fun Well done to all of you. Bro love to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks