Which diff oils are stock on Baja 5B?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and then we get to the wt versus cst conversions :LOL:,
my 45k is in wt, and different manufacturers have different iseas on what wt and cst is as a viscosity measurement,
its a minefield tryin to work it out sometimes :ROFLMAO:
and then we get to the wt versus cst conversions :LOL:,
my 45k is in wt, and different manufacturers have different iseas on what wt and cst is as a viscosity measurement,
its a minefield tryin to work it out sometimes :ROFLMAO:
absolutely 😂
Sweet, thanks I’ll look now

So how much of a pain in the ass is it to get the diff out? Just a little time and effort or is it just almost not worth trying? I know it’s a maintenance issue...

Can be done in about half hour to 45 mins.
Exhaust off, tranny plate, gear plate, then pull the gearbox out, open it up, retrieve diff, open that up, drain oil. Refill and rebuild.
It's not hard, but if your not sure take plenty pics.
Thanks! I’ve never worked on the 1/5 scales before but have plenty experience on my 1/8 buggies. Same concept but just looks like it’s more involved. Sounds simple enough I guess and YES LOL I will take plenty of those pictures.

As someone in the process of fine tuning my rig I can say your driving style should dictate what weight you go with. I started with 5k and it was super uncontrollable. Now I have 60k in there and it diggs and drives straight well, but I'm making wider turns which are hanging me up at times. Next option for me is a snappier clutch spring or go down in weight of oil. Which comes back to driving style. If you check out my thread I built a 5sc for track racing and am now in the process of fine tuning everything, including my driving lol.

As someone in the process of fine tuning my rig I can say your driving style should dictate what weight you go with. I started with 5k and it was super uncontrollable. Now I have 60k in there and it diggs and drives straight well, but I'm making wider turns which are hanging me up at times. Next option for me is a snappier clutch spring or go down in weight of oil. Which comes back to driving style. If you check out my thread I built a 5sc for track racing and am now in the process of fine tuning everything, including my driving lol.
thanks for the feedback! ill take a look at your and see whatcha did.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks