Which diff oils are stock on Baja 5B?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcAlchemy

Can I use 4K diff oil?

Looking to change my diff oil and was curious what stock oil is used? The motor is a 30cc. I hear people use 7k, 10k and of course the higher you go it’s harder in the drivetrain. I read a guy uses 1k-3k oil depending on the track. I don’t bash, just race non competitively for fun.

Can I use 4K diff oil?

Looking to change my diff oil and was curious what stock oil is used? I hear people use 7k, 10k and of course the higher you go it’s harder in the drivetrain. I read a guy uses 1k-3k oil depending on the track. I don’t bash, just race non competitively for fun.
Think I have 500k in my Baja at the minute. Have tried 5k, 10k, 50k, 100k and finally 500k. Think I even have some 1m if I feel the need.
I only bash with my Baja but found the thinner oil just made it balloon the inner tyre, the thicker fluid I find helps with steering on the throttle, sort of sliding round corners.

Think I have 500k in my Baja at the minute. Have tried 5k, 10k, 50k, 100k and finally 500k. Think I even have some 1m if I feel the need.
I only bash with my Baja but found the thinner oil just made it balloon the inner tyre, the thicker fluid I find helps with steering on the throttle, sort of sliding round corners.
Yeah I hear the thicker stuff helps the turning radius. I may need to put some 30k or something close to that in. I just don’t want to blow out my dog bones. The track I run on is a loose low bite track. I use motocross tires on my buggy and it works great.

Yeah I hear the thicker stuff helps the turning radius. I may need to put some 30k or something close to that in. I just don’t want to blow out my dog bones. The track I run on is a loose low bite track. I use motocross tires on my buggy and it works great.
If low traction then increase oil viscosity, high traction like tarmac reduce oil viscosity.

If low traction then increase oil viscosity, high traction like tarmac reduce oil viscosity.
Ok, I’ll try 30k I guess. Might be a happy medium. The track is is like a mini motor Cross track with loos dirt in the corners and in some jumps when it’s not watered.

Right so let's help the op instead of suggesting a locker👍🏻
Thanks
Thanks all for the replies. I just don’t want to blow out my stock drive train but want to be a more all around offroad “racer among friends”. I know there are lots of variables here and looks like a wide range of oils everyone is using. I think 30k will be fair for the terrain I will be driving on.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks