which new 1/5 RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s002wjh

I've been out of RC for long time, recently just got back in.
I have a HPI baja 5B SS, but looking to purchase another 1/5. got $1.8k to spend, looking for something better than 5B, 4wd, more power/beefier. heard good thing about Losi 5T 2.0 or something else better?

also any suggest to start my old 5B, have some trouble start it up again, due to been sitting in basement for years.

What Coop said, get a new carb. Also a new spark plug!
I'd get the losi 5t 2.0 cuz there's not really much Options other than the vekta.5 which is a hit or miss really, or a losi dbxl or mtxl which are Ok from what I've heard. Also a big plus with the losi 5t 2.0 is the Zenoah G320 engine it comes with.

We have a Kraken Vetka .5, two HPI 5B's, two Losi 5T's, & a Losi 5B. My favorite to race is HPI 5B's because they are the hardest to drive. The Kraken is OK but to heavy, making it hard on parts, & it is more complicated to work on then needs to be. The Losi 5T is built like a tank, Handles like a race truck, & easy to work on. Just built the Losi 5B & just ran 1st tank after 2 tanks of break-in & very impressed with it. It has a reed engine from OBR, if you want power, OBR is the way to go.
Also DDM is the goto for 1/5 scale stuff. Use code, ( DDM ) in discount box when checking out to get a discount.

Last edited:
Rather than OBR I would personally go with ALX, RCMax, Odd or Logan tuning. Otherwise I agree with the others. Instead of Losi's dbxl, take a look at RCMK XCR1000 which is its cousin. Same designer, better vehicle allround . Part support only through DDM through.

I've been out of RC for long time, recently just got back in.
I have a HPI baja 5B SS, but looking to purchase another 1/5. got $1.8k to spend, looking for something better than 5B, 4wd, more power/beefier. heard good thing about Losi 5T 2.0 or something else better?

also any suggest to start my old 5B, have some trouble start it up again, due to been sitting in basement for years.
You already answered your own question. Losi 5 T 2.0, pickup a tuned pipe and your all set.
Don't forget a kill switch.
William E. Burrows Jr.
20180513_145415.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks