which one would you buy ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently did see an example of that.
A “SS” baja stock only 2 tanks use selling price $650 delivered to you by courier.I had a look at it and is was still like new and so were the tyres.
Few more months and it would of sold for $450.
Big saving from the $1200 price tag.

baja's arnt going away because of the new losi. I do agree that HBF is great place for solid info on a baja most of the guys on there are hardcore and arnt going to ditch the baja for the losi, maybee add one to the collection.

$500 is a pretty solid price for a stock 5T. If you're in a rush, offer the guy $600 if he's local. Like others have said before, there's plenty of smoking deals on HBF if you're patient. I've bought a few B's on there over the past few years for under $400 ARTR. Just be willing to wheel and deal a little and don't get too eager.

If you really want to do it right and build it yourself, go to Davesmotors.com and check out their Black Friday sale.

Release for the 5ive is 24 hours.
Going to be interesting to read the user views coming up from first test runs this week end.
Depends on what is said.if all in favor of the 5ive then the baja has no chance and be left as a second cheaper choice.

Release for the 5ive is 24 hours.
Going to be interesting to read the user views coming up from first test runs this week end.
Depends on what is said.if all in favor of the 5ive then the baja has no chance and be left as a second cheaper choice.

My baja aint going anywhere and will always be my first choice no matter how good this losi 5ive T is.......Hpi baja's rule and to many cool upgrade

When i ran my HPI baja for the first time i didn’t like it,first thing you notice it doesn’t like turning sharply and it doesn’t like doing high jumps.

Baja’s just run in straight lines flat out speed and that’s about it.I tried racing and still they were a clumsy off roader.I finished in with good results but the baja still wasn’t my type of vehicle.

I didn’t want to go back to nitro so i’ll give the 5ive a try only because they are built of the 8th truggy design.

When i ran my HPI baja for the first time i didn’t like it,first thing you notice it doesn’t like turning sharply and it doesn’t like doing high jumps.

Baja’s just run in straight lines flat out speed and that’s about it.I tried racing and still they were a clumsy off roader.I finished in with good results but the baja still wasn’t my type of vehicle.

I didn’t want to go back to nitro so i’ll give the 5ive a try only because they are built of the 8th truggy design.

You must not of had it set up correctly as I have NO problem with mine! HPI Baja number one sold 1/5 scale in the world and if they are so bad how the heck did they accomplish this?:rolleyes: The HPI baja will be around for years to come. HIP baja is a proven platform and the lois might look get but until it is in the hands of the end user they have not proved anything. Yes I do thing it will be a decent vehicle but I have seen many things come out that looked good till it got in the the hands of the end user.

Last edited:
The baja has been number one as there was no competition for them..Until now.
Losi will knock them off and be number one.Already user views are sounding positive.
Plus the old baja’s just don’t handle,and that’s said by everyone at my track..It’s a know fact.
Why..Because they are only rear wheel drive.Baja’s are doomed now.
So glad i got rid of the hpi garbage.I hated the thing.

lol,i don't think they are garbage,they are not my thing as much but alot of people cherish their baja,i think they handle relatively well,also being 2wd, i know they don't have 4wd grip,but maybe a better initial turn in.4wd gets a bit boring unless you get plenty of power but then again i cant really comment on the losi,ive seen them on track,but never used one, i have used a 4wd baja fg, mcd rr and ftx punisher, just cant chuck them around as much.As you probably know track racing lsor buggies is big around uk and europe,and from what im hearing the 2wd has the top spot.
i know the racing buggies like hormann, leo,elcon all handle incredibily well,they are all 2wd!

Last edited:
I was a bit harsh using the word garbage as i had a tall red wine after dinner.
But after coming from 4 wheel drive to a fifth scale i was disappointed with the baja

yes,lol, tend to say exactly what one thinks when drinking alsohol,so that is basically your honest opinion without sugar coating it.i came from 1/8 nitro 4wd,but as soon as i got into largescale(1/6 1/5) i didnt even look at the nitro again,only when i got rid!! differnt strokes for different folks and all that rammel lol.

the less beat up one would be your best choice...unless the modded one was built right..like others said pics or links....however if you watch ebay, i seen 2 5t's new in box rtr versions sell for 635 and 645 i was like wtf...that's insane!!!

whats up everyone.

i think the baja can be setup to handle really well. years back when i got my first baja, after racing 1/8th scale. i thought the same thing, what a disappointment, it don't handle worth a damn. now after years of running them, and a lot of them and a lot of running. the setup matters, and believe it or not, the heavier you build them the better they handle. you just have to compensate with a little more power. i have 4 of my own, a shortie, a shortie truck(self adapted), a flm wide t, and flm wide buggy. i can wheel the two shorties around like a 1/10th scale offroad buggy, and the wide cars handle extemely well, just a little less responsive but more stable none the less. good servos, good brakes, a 2-speed(imo, one of the best setups even for track racing), the right suspension setup and plenty of lowend grunt, and the right tire for the terrain(one of the most important things). that is one problem ive seen aswell, people have these engines that will rev but the lowend is what you need. these cars are heavy, a soft bottemend with a touchy mid range reeks havoc on the handling. you need snap, like the crack of a whip, to make the car do what you want. if it is soft and touchy, all you do is fight it, wether bashing or racing, unless your just running up and down the road in a straight line, then it doesn't matter what setup you have. just my thoughts and experiences. the losi looks boring. it will never compete with the baja. after it is out a bit, the guys who sold all hpi for it will be hitting the classifieds in search for there old trusty baja stuff again. it will be good for the track and that is it, and i still believe the baja racing scene will hold its own against the losi racing scene. 4wd is good but not in a 35lbs. rig that is cumbersome, you don't see giant mcd's or fg's. europeans are always more obserevant of what matters rather than the american "bigger is better" concept. losi should have went 1/6th scale on this one. a 4wd ride should be light as possible and the 2wd rig can handle some extra fat, being setup properly.

agreed motorman I went to hobby shop and put my hands on a losi and the wieght they have put out there is way off, the thing wieghts a ton which means to make it go you need a hell of motor. I do alot of oval racing and i don't care what motor you pipe combo you put on the losi it will never beat me around an oval (mine only weights 23ilbs but set up right) now a offroad track i don't have the experince to speak on that but I think a good driver could beat the losi with ease its just to heavy.

i seen a vid of a losi running with a reed motor and bartalone pipe. pretty much all the power your gonna get in that car and it was a dog. it looked like a sick dog trying to get up. after that vid, that sealed the deal for me not getting one. all that weight and added strain of a 4wd drive train it just isnt my thing. may be good for track racing but i like balls out edge of your seat kinda running, and the 2wd baja has that nailed down in my book. imo, the baja is truly the best platform available, period, in the 1/5 and 1/6 scale market. lets put it like this, with what ive seen on vid, specs ive read up on, im not willing to drop 1700.00 bones to find out that what ive seen is true.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks