Which paint to use on body.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan& Gabe

Hi all.

Just gettingback into this hobby again after many years away.

My first question is which paint is best to paint the body.

Many thanks Dan.

Hi all.

Just gettingback into this hobby again after many years away.

My first question is which paint is best to paint the body.

Many thanks Dan.
Pactra, Tamiya , spaz stix, duratrax, I think proline also makes some. Those are spray paint, make sure to only get the stuff for lexan/polycarbonate cuz everything else don't work. There's also something called air brushing, but since ur a newbei id just stick to spray cans ? imo Tamiya is the best but there all good

Last edited:
Hi dan and gabe
I just recently bought a kit losi and the body needed a lick of paint watched a few online vids hemistorm in particular he is very skilled. I bought tamiya spray cans and used masking tape. You can use liquid mask but from what iv read some matalic paints ca react with it so just do some reading first
Here are some pics of the paint job i manage to just pull off
44490830951_399708084e_c.jpg
42784472310_a827750605_c.jpg29696354557_130d4f77dd_c.jpg1536920941034.png1536920880524.png
Hope this helps(y)

I've used tamiya spray cans in the past with good success. I just got some spaz stix to try with air brushing come spring.
So Spaz paint for the air brush? One of my daughter's gifts for xmas was an airbrush machine because she's into arts and crafts. I was thinking of painting a body with it but don't know what type of paint to use in it.:unsure:

So she will get an rcmax 46 next what a lucky girl(y):LOL:
:unsure::LOL:I've been trying to get her into RC but all she thinks about is YouTube and drawing. I bought her a 2wd Rustler but she's not really into it. I have to make her come and play with it from time to time. But she's a good girl with straight A's in all STEAM classes, dance classes 3 nights a week, and girl scouts. So when it comes to getting her stuff we try to get a wide array of things to perk her interests.

:unsure::LOL:I've been trying to get her into RC but all she thinks about is YouTube and drawing. I bought her a 2wd Rustler but she's not really into it. I have to make her come and play with it from time to time. But she's a good girl with straight A's in all STEAM classes, dance classes 3 nights a week, and girl scouts. So when it comes to getting her stuff we try to get a wide array of things to perk her interests.
Sound like a awsome kid ? wish the new generation were into RC but oh well. Some are tho

Ok so painting info. I have air brushed many 1/10 scale bodies mostly with Createx and Parma paint. Airbrushing is not hard but does take some getting used to and practice. Water based paints are easy to clean up but that is about where the benefit ends. They typically need to be thinned as most paints do, they have a higher degree of tip dry which is annoying but manageable, they do not bond to the plastic like poly carb paint does. The water based paints are typically cheaper. The one water based paint I am curious to try is the new Proline paint. I have seen some of the water based paint flake off of the 1/5 bodies but typically is sticks well to the smaller bodies. Liquid Mask is your best friend if you truely want a great paint job. Apply it with a cheap auto spray gun from Harbor Freight. Bob dively is the best IMO but bitty design is not bad. The small bottles of Duratrax Polycarb paint are expensive for the amount you get but it does work very well. Be aware of the color you shoose to back another color with as it will change how the top color comes out. Watch videos it makes it much easier to pick up on the little tips people have used to help get the end result you are looking for. If you are curious how something will turn out then test your method on some scrap lexan before you do it to an expensive body. Last but not least do not ever mix water based paint and Polycarb paint on the same paint job.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks