Wierd squeal sound on Losi DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBXLGUY

Getting a weird squeal sound when I give the DBXL gas and it will hardly move. I took the wheels off of the ground and gave it full throttle and no squeal. Any ideas?

Thinking two cycle oil may have leaked from a broken seal at the exhaust and gotten onto the clutch causing clutch to slip. Possible?

Clutch slipping?

Need more info... How many tanks run? Any modification to driveline or lager motor?

Only mod was the exhaust but that was a while ago. After the squeal I noticed the seal from the exhaust to the head has broken causing oil/gas to leak out. Thinking now that it nave leaked onto the clutch causing it to slip. Possible?

There is a drive pin broken if it barley moves or wheel is lose sorry if mistakes on typing don't have glasses on check rear diff gear ill bet case is melted look for bearing sticking out of case

There is a drive pin broken if it barley moves or wheel is lose sorry if mistakes on typing don't have glasses on check rear diff gear ill bet case is melted look for bearing sticking out of case

What do you mean the wheel is lose? What wheel? Thanks.

Wheel loose could mean that any wheel could be loose enough to allow the hex to slip inside the rim. Often stripping out the plastic rims hex

1. Do the wheels spin freely by hand?
2. Does the truck move easy by pushing it, if not center diff might have a rock or something jamming it

May have to start at the spur gear and turn it by hand while holding each of the driveshafts, front center, rear center, front left, front right, etc. feeling for something slipping.

Check the rear half shaft, Its hard to see but in between the motor and servo I had those set screws come loose lost power to the rear

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks