Wont start and now wont prime :-(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
something you should check mate,
did you use the correct gasket under the bulb plate?
the rebuild kits cover various carbs and there are two gaskets in there that are almost the same, (i think i remember right that you have a 668)
one has a cut out and one doesn't at one end, use the wrong one and you get no pumping to fill the bulb,
(ask me how i know :ROFLMAO:),
as for the internal filter, do ya mean the round screen ? if so that screen is very fine mesh and crap usually tends to gather outside only, just needs a blast off with brake clean normally and its good,
if ya removed it, did ya refit the new one that came in the rebuild kit ?

something you should check mate,
did you use the correct gasket under the bulb plate?
the rebuild kits cover various carbs and there are two gaskets in there that are almost the same, (i think i remember right that you have a 668)
one has a cut out and one doesn't at one end, use the wrong one and you get no pumping to fill the bulb,
(ask me how i know :ROFLMAO:),
as for the internal filter, do ya mean the round screen ? if so that screen is very fine mesh and crap usually tends to gather outside only, just needs a blast off with brake clean normally and its good,
if ya removed it, did ya refit the new one that came in the rebuild kit ?

Yea noticed that lol. Might buy another rebuild kit incase I got a duff one.. yea replaced the screen. Thanks

Or buy a new carb. 🥸

+1 you would’ve been out bashing already

Yea but having a hard time finding genuine 668 Walbro carbs in the UK... They are all the cheap Chinese replica ones but might be worth the risk (we'll £20 for one already in the UK or £10 if I import one myself)..

Buy one from Taylor RC no worries then.

I think you need to ask the right questions.
Please don’t take this rant as antagonistic or insulting, but……. How the fcuk can you edit a post like that but not be able to use google??? I’m truely fascinated.
Yea but having a hard time finding genuine 668 Walbro carbs in the UK... They are all the cheap Chinese replica ones but might be worth the risk (we'll £20 for one already in the UK or £10 if I import one myself)..
gary coleman wtf GIF

Last edited:
Buy one from Taylor RC no worries then.

I think you need to ask the right questions.
Please don’t take this rant as antagonistic or insulting, but……. How the fcuk can you edit a post like that but not be able to use google??? I’m truely fascinated.

gary coleman wtf GIF

Thanks yea used Google and just checked that site you linked to but can't see a 668 carb there??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks