world lightest Losi 5ive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She backed off when I got on it in the gravel. It doesn't show it but it through rock 40 ft.
I can't wait to trow the paddles on and hit the sand pit!

I ordered a new center dive shaft. The rear one was bent. It must of happened in the shipping. I didn't catch it until that run, as it was the first. I could tell something was wrong and thought it was the motor pinion gear so I checked it. Then I turned the motor to check the fit and seen the bent drive shaft that was in the rear. I should have a better sounding truck when the new one comes in. So for now, it's not running. I will post some more videos when it is replaced should be here in a few days.

That is the beauty Of Brushless. Find the right motor for the size and weight match it to the esc and lipos and your in for a lot of insane fun. I get this truck tuned and it should be hard to beat on any level!

Losi 5 Hybrid CRASH! - YouTube

I installed the new drive shaft and it sounds like it should.
But! I have some tuning to do.
I may have build it to lite weight. It wants to lift all the time. I can't even get past half throttle. I'm going to set the wheel camber more and set the squat lower as well.

Yep, it's too light and a ticking time bomb. If you raced that against a real 1/5 scale it would be in pieces. Cool idea on the build though!

The RC4WD Dune Reapers. I just got a tip on using silicone glue on the wheel and bead lock will stop this from happening.
There on sale also. They really hook-up worth buying for shure!

149_zpsc6de7395.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, that is what I bought. I don't have brushless power though. Maybe mine won't diff. out so bad, requiring all the fuss with silicone. I might just tack tire glue 8 small spots around both interior beads. I have never had good luck with silicone.....Do you recall the Losi bead locks clamping these tires securely, or do they just distort under RPM strain? I have only had a tire carcass fail after the bead let go.

wheel speed has been my issue. I have used duck tape on the foams also that seems to work real well also. I will have to take them apart and do that as well.

Well guys it has been awhile since I posted anything here. But I'm looking at this new esc that is made by the same company that makes my Beast 910kv motor and guess what its called? "THE BEAST''!It is also made for the HV servos that are in 95% of 1/5 scale trucks and buggies. I have seen the insides of the esc and it is impressive! The esc doesn't even use fans to coolit's self! It that efficient.61p042g0M4L_SL1000__zps0d2e6461.gifsanesyru_zps08a75ae3.gif

I built another 1/5 Losi and only weighs 18 pounds! Nose to tail is 33.5'' long 17.5'' wide.
Looks bad ass too.
BFGKrawlers006_zps20691e34.jpgBFGKrawlers005_zps271e936b.jpgBFGKrawlers007_zps2d5e3ed3.jpgBFGKrawlers010_zps18e6d02f.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks