Worlds Lightest Losi DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twissted

Worlds Lightest Losi DBXL
This Summer I will be building a Losi that weighs well under 20 pounds and is Brushless powered. It will have over 800 inch pounds to turn the ultra lite bead lock wheels. And have a custom paint job to boot. Transmission will be a 2 speed. Yes that's right a Transmission and it will be well under 20 pound with lipos on board. It will have Losi Big Bore shocks and more power and speed than is needed. It will have a super low center of gravity and use a Carbon Chassis the Diffs will be aluminum housings and the carriers that house the 4 spider gears will also be CNC aluminum so it will be one of the strongest 1/5 anything ever made!!!
So track use on or off road will be possible. With added sway bar.
I will be building kits to sell on ebay when it is done being built.
You wanna RACE? Here you go!!!

004_zps2gvryiuh.jpg
This is a good tell as to what your going to see. Some of the things that will be different is the twin lipo mounts and the bottom carbon plate that is a brace and lipo mounts. It will be using 6s motor and ESC. The wheels will be 1/5 scale beadlocks and the hex will be from HPI 24mm.
Custom bumpers and a Led lighting system. It will use Hitec 7954 twin servo's for the steering.

Is rock crawling challenging? Always seemed a lil silly to me but looks like there is a decent amount of guys into it. Are there rock crawling challenges? Most vids I see is of guys driving over rocks in their yrd.

The nice thing about this custom build is it can climb things that you your self can't climb. I just did some of it tonight. I didn't bring a camera with me but will do so next time. Then shift it int 2nd gear and you can bash just like this video below. I will be installing better servo's soon to get even better performance.
Wait till the 18'' wheelbase gets built!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha your dog is outta it's mind..... You have one of the cooler rock crawlers I've seen. More speed then the others. Most look like they are super slow. Seen a vid where a guy had some sort of wooden crawling course built in his garage. That was cool but didn't look like my type of fun. Definitely post a vid of that big climb if you make one. I'd be into watching it.

The power will come from a Castle 1515 green can that I have in my Redcat XBE and I will buy a Castle waterproof 1/8 90 amp 6s esc to power it. It work great in the XBE so it should be great in the lighter build that this will be.
losi%2015%20LST%20002_zpscpro2tkf.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a peak at the wheel base. It ended up being 17.5'' and that is ok by me!
f0b0da10-e85d-49f5-aa4e-50b553ef15ec_zpsle8wvse3.jpg

I found a bent shock shaft, so I installed some Titanium shafts to all four shocks.
007_zpsiq63vv4n.jpg

Ok, I have a lot of parts on the way!
The Summit tranny
Motor mount and slipper clutch
Axial Yeti XL body and cage
2 Hitec HS-7954SH HV servos and 1 Hitec micro HS-5087MH HV servo
I still need tires and a 3 or 4 ch radio and receiver. This is his first RC anything so I will need to get the lipos and charger for him also.
I won some Beadlock rims on ebay. They come with the 17mm hex adapters. I'm working with John on getting some 40 series Rok Lox to go with this build. It should be a good looking and even better performance.
_57%202_zps8sq5ue3v.jpg_57_zpsbjwi3mqv.jpg

The Axial Yeti body show up at the door today. Also the wheels are here as well.
Here is what it looks like with it mounted to the chassis.
006_zpswxijyou7.jpg002_zpsgwsrfqfb.jpg005_zpseuqlvfqw.jpg006_zpswxijyou7.jpg008_zps89gtpuxh.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks