Worlds Lightest Losi DBXL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good build and all. Looks quite fast. but this doesn't look like a dbxl at all. I have seen a dbxl in person, it looks nothing like it. This is just a modified Yeti

Last edited:
Good build and all. Looks quite fast. but this doesn't look like a dbxl at all. I have seen a dbxl in person, it looks nothing like it. This is just a modified Yeti
I went for the Desert Buggy Ultra4 look. I think it is a much better looking Desert buggy. Don't you think so?
The pictures below are of the buggy you thought you was going to see. This build I also posted here, and is a one off build also.
revo%20xl%20lite%20005_zpszi2aqva8.jpgRevoDBXL004_zps7dda2815.jpgRevoDBXL003_zps61ae7c96.jpgrevo%20xl%20lite%20004_zpstbhpg02r.jpg:cup-1:

Last edited:
8.5/8'' tires look great on this build. The beadlock rims are sweet as well!
004_zpshndxtmac.jpg005_zpsql8dylg4.jpg006_zpsnglyhazy.jpg009_zpsd67rkq5s.jpg
THEY MAKE MY 1/5 SCALE TIRES LOOK SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
CAM00012_zps9pcbm1fw.jpg
The picture above shows 2 custom builds using the Losi LST2 chassis stretched 3 inches so they have 17 1/2'' wheel base. The tansmission is a Traxxas Summit tranny and to turn large wheels is a pair of HV servos by Hitec HS-7954SH that have over 400oz tourque each. Both run on 4074 brushless 2200 kv motors and both use SMC lipos on 4s the e front uses 9400mah 2s in series and the rear one uses 9000mah 2s in series. The front rc is almost finished and will also use RC4WD Roc Lox custom fitted to 1/5 scale wheels that are currently on it.
004_zps29yka4us.jpg

So in the next day or so I will be installing a new Castle Creations 1/8 Mamba Monster 2 ESC to get more control while rock crawling.
I really enjoy the high speed stuff on 4s as well as 6s but the slow crawling needs better programming that the Castle offers.
This build will bring that out. It is at it's limit in weight and with the large 8.5'' tires it puts a lot of strain on the drivetrain.
The quality parts that Losi offers in the LST2 and XXL products really shows when using while bashing.
_12_zpsg7bz3l3h.jpg

Last edited:
LEM finely has the Dog Carriers (takes the slop out of the tranny) back in stock. So here is the 3 I ordered. I still need to buy another because I have another customer that wants one of these builds.
LST%20Hybrid%20001_zps1j09go14.jpgLST%20Hybrid%20002_zps1znbnxnw.jpgLST%20Hybrid%20003_zpssjxposml.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks