Worlds most power 5ive Brushless 1080P Gopro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is definitely UNREAL!!

I was asking myself why there was no body on, but it was good to see the components.
I'm amazed they held up that well, including the tyres, SO FAR!!
I was expecting them to be blown off the rims.

I've read about big BL installations and anchoring the motor at the other end. Looking at that, it didn't appear necessary.

Looks like the driveshaft was well centred.

Now it needs another video with the body on, from outside I reckon, or on the track chasing down other 5ive-T's !!

Al.

Thanks guys...

I really appreciate the kind words guys. The truck does speak for itself, and your right...the rear motor cradle or mount is totally not needed with this conversion. The mount it an inch thick billet and the motor slides into it like 3/4 of an inch.

This thing is pure adrenaline. I need nothing more in life.
BTW, with lighter center fluid, the front tires pop right off.

You're not going to like me for this !!!!

IT IS FANTASTIC - the impression of instant power is amazing, and if those temperatures are correct - no reason to doubt that - then even with the lids on, it won't get much hotter.

It still reminds me of my old Tamiya F-150 Stadium Truck.
I put a brushed 12x3 BB motor into it and it FLEW, and I played silly buggers as you're doing there ...

And that's it ... it reminds me of the 1/10 Tamiya, not a LargeScale truck ...
No noisy, smokey 2-stroke motor with all of it's added complexity and simplicity that it brings (once running well, 1 hour run times and very cheap to fuel, fast to re-fuel ....).

I've LOADS of electrics, but they're smaller ...

I suppose I'm knocking it, and I'M SORRY - IT'S A FANTASTIC BEAST and I'm glad you enjoy it, even if you need a new tyre.
Just being honest.

Al.

im feel the same i need petrol power and the sound,,,but don't get me wrong i think its mental and makes a lush noise of its own your going to have some mega fun,,,that thing should be named brutus

And that's it ... it reminds me of the 1/10 Tamiya, not a LargeScale truck ...
No noisy, smokey 2-stroke motor with all of it's added complexity and simplicity that it brings (once running well, 1 hour run times and very cheap to fuel, fast to re-fuel ....)

I'm quite sure the OP knows all about gas engines because he chit canned one. :D

I really appreciate the kind words guys. The truck does speak for itself, and your right...the rear motor cradle or mount is totally not needed with this conversion. The mount it an inch thick billet and the motor slides into it like 3/4 of an inch.

I wondered about that, I noticed the Skopod kit supports at the front and rear of the motor.

Yeah, I know gas. Started with a DDM ESP 30.5cc championship ported complete engine in my 5B. I needed more.

Ordered a Beast from CC Racing Engines. DDM Rear Dominator pipe and used both Lauterbacher and Elcon adjustable clutches.

The Beast was better than the ESP but nearly twice the price.

I also have about 15 years of 8th scale nitro experience with by current rig being a Mugen MBX6T with an OS Speed .21 XZ and also an 1/8th scale Durango DNX408.

Believe me. 9 out of 10 people that feel the same way about staying with gas for the realism jump ship the instant they see this thing in person. In fact, most people would agree with the die hard petrol view and seem to think I am strange to take it out. Then they see it go. I actually had no desire to pull out the engine when I first got the 5ive. I enjoyed the ease of filling the tank, and took all this pride in breaking the engine in. About a gallon in, I figured I would try the CC Racing engine.

One extremely annoying thing was that I drive everything I own in my yard. But the 5ive was loud enough that my neighbors would come outside, and after like 7pm, I'd feel stressed about the noise. Anyway, after changing the engine, I set the clutch for the 9500 engagement, and still found myself explaining to people up front that although its the biggest and coolest looking car I have, its the slowest. People with no RC experience seem so confused by this. Add to this that never a day would go by that I wasn't trying to squeeze more power out of the engine my playing with the carb, the clutch or the oil percentage. I do not miss this. I have enough power to keep me permanently smiling now.

Anyway, the turning point was when my brother drove it. All decked out with 1300 bucks worth of engine and clutch...Im sorry guys...its just not impressive, especially in grass on 5 acres. My brother finished it off by saying, "Yeah its cool, but its not the baja." (My baja was running the 12S lipo setup and would rototill the lawn while hanging the front off the ground)

Do you have any idea how much that hurt? THOUSANDS into the 5ive. I vowed to change that. NO ONE who sees the 5ive now EVER, EVER says they would trade the massive power and torque just to make it loud. In reality, the gas engines don't sound "real". If it sounded like a 454 Chevy Big block or a 250cc dirt bike, that would sound real. Man, I'd settle for chainsaw real. But that smell, and sound has to be backed up with the power to go with it.

So hang on... if the 5ive could only run 8s max...I would NOT have converted it. Its not enough extra power at that point for me, to trade the sound, smell and a lot of money.

The problem is no video really conveys the power at all, and no words can explain what it feels like to drive. To take it a step further, the sound of the motor on 8s is also boring, but on 12, it sounds like an animal. But you really need to see it. The video don't do it justice. The GoPro is in a sealed case.

Here is where it gets sick...A guy I met about 25 minutes away also bought a 5ive and is running my exact setup on 12S. He drove it on 10S for like 2 weeks and argued with me about still liking it gas. Now he has 12S and is looking to squeeze more power out of it with better battery packs. I asked him if he wants more power, how could he consider still running it as gas. (He figured he would occasionally convert it back). He said, "Oh, yeah...theres no way I could go back after 12S." It really opens your eyes. Its pretty much inconceivable until you see or drive one on 12S.

Im telling you...you'll forget about the noise. I give you 15 seconds of driving it. Keep in mind, we aren't talking about 15% more power here. The stock engine makes like 3hp... The 12S setup is like 4 stock engines running at 15,000 rpm in unison.

Now imagine 4 engines making that much power from zero rpm, all the way to 30,000.
The gas engine only makes its rated HP over an rpm range of like 3000-4000 rpm. Yawn. If the noise and smell was all that mattered, we'd skip the strip club and hide behind a tree revving our weed whackers.

So NOTHING out there even comes close. Even the BZM engine (which I considered) has the same limitations. At 8,000 rpm, it makes like 3hp and at 18,000 it makes less than 1.5hp. I would DESTROY...and I mean HURT that thing from a stop. If we hit 15,000rpm at the same time, I'd still have double the torque and 40% more power for that second. Then from there its all over for the gas. The electric would claw the pavement for another 15,000 rpm on its way to 30,000 to 35,000rpm.

You don't buy a 5th scale to be disappointed. But at least learn one thing. To be impressive, they take A LOT OF MONEY.They will bleed you out of $100 every time you turn around. Daves Motors probably owns a Lexus because of me. Just don't make the mistake of going one route, then only to go another later, and another like I did with the Baja. Do it right the first time. I wish someone would have guided me with my baja. And don't fall for all the aluminum parts. They add weight and slow it down even more. My truck is stock except for the servos and conversion. I saw an HPI 5T with so many aluminum parts I couldn't lift it. Had to weigh 55 pounds. It was a slow as me peddling a bmx bike.

If you like the gas...Great! It can be very cool, especially in a crowd on the track. You can run all day long except for charging the receiver pack, as long as you have gas, oil, air filters, 2 cycle oil, and some coffee to stay awake. But don't think for a second its bad ass, fast or less expensive. Engines wear out or you'll want to try a different one. To me, gas in the long run is much more money. The bar has been set. And no one said its cheap. Nothing in 1/5th is, and you don't get into this class to save money and cut corners.

If I had to go back to gas, Id sell the whole truck.

This is another reason I'm thinking of doing it to my ELcon. Just think it's full aluminum stock and weights only 26 lbs with engine and fuel.

Hey don't get me wrong I have electr ics . They are undisputed king of the hill. You guys are all so one sided. I prefer gas to silent running no matter how fast it is,but thats my preferance.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks