Worlds most power 5ive Brushless 1080P Gopro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is definitely UNREAL!!

I was asking myself why there was no body on, but it was good to see the components.
I'm amazed they held up that well, including the tyres, SO FAR!!
I was expecting them to be blown off the rims.

I've read about big BL installations and anchoring the motor at the other end. Looking at that, it didn't appear necessary.

Looks like the driveshaft was well centred.

Now it needs another video with the body on, from outside I reckon, or on the track chasing down other 5ive-T's !!

Al.

The ballooning tires would probably rub the body and tear it up.

This would be fun in a straight line but on a race track it'd be a nightmare without serious throttle control or drop down to 8S lipo.

Keep that up and would probably be banned for ripping up the track!!

I'm trying to imagine what that would be in 1:1 terms - those jumps; height and length!!
Pretty unreal really.

I suppose if you really wanted the 'V8 experience' you could always get something similar to one of those Tamiya electronic boxes and fit speakers ....
Now there's another idea.

I'm most impressed by the way the basic truck appears to have held up to perhaps 3-5x the stock power and torque without ripping out the driveshafts - even if the tyre was a pretty serious victim earlier on!!

As I said I AM IMPRESSED ..... but would probably go with the Killer suggestion - 1 of each.
Wonder how it would be with a tuned engine and NOS? !!!

It handles so much power, basically so easily, that's what comes across to me.
My FG MT can barely handle the 'weedwhacker' engine without looking like a performing seal!
Totally agree with all of your comments above.
Al.

and a pinion gear change as well. . my 8s truck with a 18 pinion goes close to 60 mph. if i just swapped in a 12s battery it would need airodynamics from an x01 to keep it on the ground lol

I'm saying 12S is not really faster if you can't control it.

Most people are not gonna run around on 12s everyday but the having that option is the beauty of going brushless, you can race on 8s and switch over to 12s for exhibitions of speed and pure power.

Whats not to like?

[/QUOTE
im into largescale ,petrol. not just the noise but the whole package, realism,noise ,the way it makes you feel as it makes the ground rumble past your feet when doing 60 -70mph- the whole experience.
the thing is the more i see these vids,the more i think about converting one of my largescales. the power is immense. i think if i had one id stick to petrol,but to have both a petrol and electric like what atom suggested seems great for me.
i still think id prefer a twin cylinder over the electric if i could only have one but my opinion is definatly changing over time and im a hardcore petrol lover.
great project by the way, very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know gas. Started with a DDM ESP 30.5cc championship ported complete engine in my 5B. I needed more.

Ordered a Beast from CC Racing Engines. DDM Rear Dominator pipe and used both Lauterbacher and Elcon adjustable clutches.

The Beast was better than the ESP but nearly twice the price.

I also have about 15 years of 8th scale nitro experience with by current rig being a Mugen MBX6T with an OS Speed .21 XZ and also an 1/8th scale Durango DNX408.

Believe me. 9 out of 10 people that feel the same way about staying with gas for the realism jump ship the instant they see this thing in person. In fact, most people would agree with the die hard petrol view and seem to think I am strange to take it out. Then they see it go. I actually had no desire to pull out the engine when I first got the 5ive. I enjoyed the ease of filling the tank, and took all this pride in breaking the engine in. About a gallon in, I figured I would try the CC Racing engine.

One extremely annoying thing was that I drive everything I own in my yard. But the 5ive was loud enough that my neighbors would come outside, and after like 7pm, I'd feel stressed about the noise. Anyway, after changing the engine, I set the clutch for the 9500 engagement, and still found myself explaining to people up front that although its the biggest and coolest looking car I have, its the slowest. People with no RC experience seem so confused by this. Add to this that never a day would go by that I wasn't trying to squeeze more power out of the engine my playing with the carb, the clutch or the oil percentage. I do not miss this. I have enough power to keep me permanently smiling now.

Anyway, the turning point was when my brother drove it. All decked out with 1300 bucks worth of engine and clutch...Im sorry guys...its just not impressive, especially in grass on 5 acres. My brother finished it off by saying, "Yeah its cool, but its not the baja." (My baja was running the 12S lipo setup and would rototill the lawn while hanging the front off the ground)

Do you have any idea how much that hurt? THOUSANDS into the 5ive. I vowed to change that. NO ONE who sees the 5ive now EVER, EVER says they would trade the massive power and torque just to make it loud. In reality, the gas engines don't sound "real". If it sounded like a 454 Chevy Big block or a 250cc dirt bike, that would sound real. Man, I'd settle for chainsaw real. But that smell, and sound has to be backed up with the power to go with it.

So hang on... if the 5ive could only run 8s max...I would NOT have converted it. Its not enough extra power at that point for me, to trade the sound, smell and a lot of money.

The problem is no video really conveys the power at all, and no words can explain what it feels like to drive. To take it a step further, the sound of the motor on 8s is also boring, but on 12, it sounds like an animal. But you really need to see it. The video don't do it justice. The GoPro is in a sealed case.

Here is where it gets sick...A guy I met about 25 minutes away also bought a 5ive and is running my exact setup on 12S. He drove it on 10S for like 2 weeks and argued with me about still liking it gas. Now he has 12S and is looking to squeeze more power out of it with better battery packs. I asked him if he wants more power, how could he consider still running it as gas. (He figured he would occasionally convert it back). He said, "Oh, yeah...theres no way I could go back after 12S." It really opens your eyes. Its pretty much inconceivable until you see or drive one on 12S.

Im telling you...you'll forget about the noise. I give you 15 seconds of driving it. Keep in mind, we aren't talking about 15% more power here. The stock engine makes like 3hp... The 12S setup is like 4 stock engines running at 15,000 rpm in unison.

Now imagine 4 engines making that much power from zero rpm, all the way to 30,000.
The gas engine only makes its rated HP over an rpm range of like 3000-4000 rpm. Yawn. If the noise and smell was all that mattered, we'd skip the strip club and hide behind a tree revving our weed whackers.

So NOTHING out there even comes close. Even the BZM engine (which I considered) has the same limitations. At 8,000 rpm, it makes like 3hp and at 18,000 it makes less than 1.5hp. I would DESTROY...and I mean HURT that thing from a stop. If we hit 15,000rpm at the same time, I'd still have double the torque and 40% more power for that second. Then from there its all over for the gas. The electric would claw the pavement for another 15,000 rpm on its way to 30,000 to 35,000rpm.

You don't buy a 5th scale to be disappointed. But at least learn one thing. To be impressive, they take A LOT OF MONEY.They will bleed you out of $100 every time you turn around. Daves Motors probably owns a Lexus because of me. Just don't make the mistake of going one route, then only to go another later, and another like I did with the Baja. Do it right the first time. I wish someone would have guided me with my baja. And don't fall for all the aluminum parts. They add weight and slow it down even more. My truck is stock except for the servos and conversion. I saw an HPI 5T with so many aluminum parts I couldn't lift it. Had to weigh 55 pounds. It was a slow as me peddling a bmx bike.

If you like the gas...Great! It can be very cool, especially in a crowd on the track. You can run all day long except for charging the receiver pack, as long as you have gas, oil, air filters, 2 cycle oil, and some coffee to stay awake. But don't think for a second its bad ass, fast or less expensive. Engines wear out or you'll want to try a different one. To me, gas in the long run is much more money. The bar has been set. And no one said its cheap. Nothing in 1/5th is, and you don't get into this class to save money and cut corners.

If I had to go back to gas, Id sell the whole truck.

wow i have never read this posting, and personally disagree with most if not all,
that r/c is fast yes, does it make feel like going to electric? nope not even close, is this losi 5 bad ass? not in my eyes it's not, it's a electric r/c nothing more,to the owner it would be bad ass, but to me it's not,just like my 5B's are not bad ass to everyone else, and don't ever expect them to be everyone's cup of tea, but for this guy to come on make these claims is a bit ridiculous to think 9 out of 10 people would jump ship after looking at this,
i see it as a 1 hit wonder, that five used at those speeds on a daily? he would be un-happy after he starts breaking the drive train from the over torquing from the motor, that my opinion.

it's fast yes, but the term bad ass in general could mean anything?, from the body paint scheme,to the upgrades or lack of, to just the general size ,most people who never ran a 1/5 scale or any scale thats usually the first words out of there mouth is thats " bad ass" and you could be running a stock t-maxx,

but it does not move me or even make me wonder about electric, i have owned 1 electric and i got rid of it after 2 days,
my kids have 1/16 scale revo's and summits but they do there own repairs and mods i'm only called in to do any major repairs that require anything that a 9yr. and 11yr. cant do or i just don't trust them to do yet.

i have my 5B's for entertainment,i'm not trying to break the sound barrier, i like to cruise and just run my r/c's to have a good time, if someone has a faster ,slower, electric, nitro, etc. that does not bother me thats there rig,
this is just some one who wanted attention and for someone to pat his back of the job or the money he did or spent on his rig.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks