xrc repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastiff06

hi all, ive been lookin 4 ways to prevent my xrc rc-2 from stripping gears,
as ive chewed 2 steel 24 tooth gears already,
an snapped the standard clutch bell, so far ive fitted new chunky tyres which didnt fit xrc wheels so a bit of moddin they r on glued, an were chucking mud like a monster and a new fg vented clutch bell, but i noticed with extra grip if i opened it out i could here drive gear stripping again,
so i stripped the clutch an noticed the clutch drive bolt had come loose an stripped its threads(alloy), nothing but trouble so far the gears push apart which is causing the trouble,
im looking for either alloy or plastic gear plates that fit xrc also new metal gears but hoping to keep the price down as looks like im going to go through gears like nobodys bussiness, i need plates to keep the gear bars together if u catch my drift, but by doing this will i have to change my brakes, the gears never met properlly i had to put washers behind the clutch plate to bind the gears which caused my trouble in the first place, i don't like the look of 40 pound per set of gears want to sort this once an for all picture coming soon

a few pics of my buggy an bits ive modded or want to mod help please

Attachments

• DSCF0077.jpg
    DSCF0077.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF0078.jpg
    DSCF0078.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF0079.jpg
    DSCF0079.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF0080.jpg
    DSCF0080.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCF0081.jpg
    DSCF0081.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 71
a few more showing new clutch bell an ruined gears

Attachments

• DSCF0082.jpg
    DSCF0082.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF0083.jpg
    DSCF0083.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF0084.jpg
    DSCF0084.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF0085.jpg
    DSCF0085.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0086.jpg
    DSCF0086.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 75
could i use an fg alloy clutch plate 07, instead of my standard plastic one, will it fit xrc rc-2 ,
any help apreciated

You have 2 choice, is to fitt the FG stuff in your buggy, or make yourself your uppgraded parts.

Get rid of the XRC clutch bell, you will snap the shaft too often, get FG one, It's almost a direct replacement.

Next issue will be the diff cup, they are soft like aluminum and twist/snap easily.

funny u say that snapped the clutch bell in the snow, got a vented marder bell, an the drive cups r knackered, does any one know of a direct fit 2 replace these

Hi masstif06

I have the fg mt , i can remember when i first got the thing i ordered the alloy clutch Bell and alloy engine mounts these i would suggest to to buy for any LS.
Bye the looks of it i would not recommend a vented clutch bell, as you will get more sand a other unwanted things in there.

TIP
Strip her down not the misses but the car give it a good clean down it needs it,

Let us know how things go

did,nt go well,
the alloy clutch plate dos,nt fit, i will need to change the engine plate aswell,
so its back 2 standard at the mo,
stripped a 40 tooth plastic in 300 yards,
fitted my steel 40 an a new 24 tooth, an they don't meet correctly, these seperate clutch plates on the xrc are crap, an all the plastic around it, ive been all over the buggy checkin, tightening,
when i fitted the plastic carrier an gear, its slightly bigger than the steel 40 which worked for a short time, but the steel 2 steel means packin out to get a good bite, therefor causing the smaller gear to shread,
this is something thats happened 3 times with upgraded steel gears, could it be 2 much power because of my k,n an the ratio of teeth,its happened twice since i fitted chunky tyres, should i drop the gears back 2 standard

The problem is more on the plastic wich hold the motor, and the clutch plate is screwed into the plastic, causing too much of flex in that area, even with an alum clutch plate, it does not solve the problem.

The best is to fabricate aluminum part, all the plastic in that area can be copied with aluminum, you put the plastic on a aluminum plate, clamp to it, trace outline and hole with a sharp tool.

To cut your pieces, you have some choice, do it yourself, or go to a machine chop to machin them or laser cut.

Last edited:
yes martin i agree, ive never had alloy cut for me before, but its a must to keep this buggy on the road, i guess it takes alot of work, only trouble with the xrc the plastic runs right thro from the engine/ clutch right thro to the back shock support, can be done, but will make minnor adjustments to take the fg alloy clutch plate, some study,ing and patience coming up

yes martin i agree, ive never had alloy cut for me before, but its a must to keep this buggy on the road, i guess it takes alot of work, only trouble with the xrc the plastic runs right thro from the engine/ clutch right thro to the back shock support, can be done, but will make minnor adjustments to take the fg alloy clutch plate, some study,ing and patience coming up

is this what your are ref to?
https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=7551&page=2 post 16 he put some pic's as well

some photos for u,

decided to try keeping it standard but upgrading all main plastics from sheet 10mm alloy have a look will post some better photos, when i clean the shed lol

DSCF0099.jpg
th_DSCF0100.jpg
th_DSCF0101.jpg
th_DSCF0102.jpg

This is what you had to do, it's perfect..!!

Now I suggest you to change your gear to a smaller ratio for better acceleration, the factory 24/40 is for onroad car.... try 18/46 and let me know :)

some more pics, need to make or buy a new brake set up, standard wont last
any ideas please

Attachments

• Pictures 046.jpg
    Pictures 046.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 62
  • Pictures 045.jpg
    Pictures 045.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Pictures 041.jpg
    Pictures 041.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Pictures 044.jpg
    Pictures 044.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 58

Attachments

• !BpQJH6QBGk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEubFLs)sOBLqki9hc1!~~_14.jpg
    !BpQJH6QBGk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEubFLs)sOBLqki9hc1!~~_14.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 98
  • !BpQJGKgCGk~$(KGrHqMOKj0Et63u)(Y(BLqki4IDBw~~_3.jpg
    !BpQJGKgCGk~$(KGrHqMOKj0Et63u)(Y(BLqki4IDBw~~_3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 33
  • !BpR4,KgBWk~$(KGrHqQH-D!EuYE)wGs9BLqp0psiJg~~_14.jpg
    !BpR4,KgBWk~$(KGrHqQH-D!EuYE)wGs9BLqp0psiJg~~_14.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 95
im not going to keep the brakes standard
, ive bought the on road front disk brakes any one had experience with these, all the alloy is finished, will update photos when my parts arrive,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks