xrc repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
front brake, good idea, this is what i had thought of doing for mine because my actual brake sytem does not work like its supposed.

Nice looking Rhales with the 5t body.

im not going to keep the brakes standard
, ive bought the on road front disk brakes any one had experience with these, all the alloy is finished, will update photos when my parts arrive,

can't wait to see how they turn out there mate look forward to the photo's. Mmmm front brakes..will the front steering mounts take that amount of force of hard braking as you know they are made of cheap plastic stuff mate

i didnt say anything about hard breaking lol, these xrc,s cant take it

na i hav,nt a choice ive lost my original brake and to buy new works out about the same price,
if you check out the photos the fixing for the original brake is at 10 oclock.,, where we had to make minor adjustment
if the plastic struggles i,l drop some fg alloy hubs in,
its the servos im concerned about can i run the disk brakes from my throttle servo?

also made a diff gaurd an bought new bearings and alloy gear carrier its looking sweet but heavy as fook

some more pics with diff gaurd

Attachments

• DSCF0122.jpg
    DSCF0122.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0124.jpg
    DSCF0124.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0123.jpg
    DSCF0123.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 49
i could get original brake, make fit an have 4 wheels braking ie little on the front an more on the back, as i wont be setting the disk brakes sharp, like u said patrick it,l rip the wheel hub clean off,

i didnt say anything about hard breaking lol, these xrc,s cant take it

na i hav,nt a choice ive lost my original brake and to buy new works out about the same price,
if you check out the photos the fixing for the original brake is at 10 oclock.,, where we had to make minor adjustment
if the plastic struggles i,l drop some fg alloy hubs in,
its the servos im concerned about can i run the disk brakes from my throttle servo?

also made a diff gaurd an bought new bearings and alloy gear carrier its looking sweet but heavy as fook

I think you can not 100% sure on it, if it can be done you might have to get a servo with a high Torque

nice 1 m8 will check it out after twelve as my dongles 2 slow for utube in the day, much needed info cheers

whats the weight differents for them and now?

About 3lbs more I guess.

I have done a lot of change on mine the last week, so now the only thing related to XRC on it is the rollcage and wing loll..!!

However I kept the motor in is original position, I will post a pic later in my post.

just like to to confirm the alloy project was very succesfull had over 5 tanks through it with out something failing, had to spend out a bit but hey it was second hand lol
this thing is a machine now not for the faint harted bouncing of trees or plowing over them, no brakes lol perfect for my local woods

another vid

12 inchs off leaves on this track, no brakes no sound sorry, rolled it a few times

Last edited by a moderator:
xrc for sale

hi im looking to sell this buggy, it has no brake set up at the moment also needs one back spring an back hub to b fitted before running, but if u look back at this thread u will see i have made alot of mods which im hoping will bump up its value slightly loads of spares to come with it any offers plz, also has alloy front hubs fitted k, well pretty much every important part is now made of alloy, could do with some one with time to finish this project, has not let me down since making the mods really does take some abuse, very heavy tho

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks