Xrc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooh, a side exit pipe, now where talking good looking pipes :)
cant wait to see the rest of the upgrades comming for it... might not regret my wait after all.

I'll get some close-ups. I asked VSModelsport to come on here and give us the latest info. They made some changes to the buggy for the better.

I have just bought one of these and still waiting for it in the post i will post a review when i get it, by the way i have also bought the 23ccc race ported head kit, HPI 8000 rpm clutch spirng from DDM for it also. and have been looking at adapting a tuned pipe for the FG to fit it .

THE VIDS WOULD BE NICE

Last edited:
GOT MY XRC 1/5TH SCALE BUGGY YESTERDAY IT HAD A RUN TIME OF APPROX 10 MINS BEFORE IT BROKE , FIXED IT TODAY , HAD A MINOR CRASH END OVER END ONCE AND BROKE THE FRONT STEERING HUB AND THE REAR UPPER ARM ON ONE SIDE , WHAT A PILE OF CRAP..........................:eek: :eek:

i just bought a xrc buggy last week...replaced the steering servo with a steel gear setup,added heavy wire quickcharge lead to the battery. stock steering servo is crap!!after run in found air filter element lets in dust,it doesn't seal properly in the housing,so i think ill make up a uni filter flange and use a pod!found the cheap controller and reciever pick up lots of interference..which can get deadly!reasonably happy with the buggy,finding difficult to get optimum tuning,very laggy in the low rev range....

GOT MY XRC 1/5TH SCALE BUGGY YESTERDAY IT HAD A RUN TIME OF APPROX 10 MINS BEFORE IT BROKE , FIXED IT TODAY , HAD A MINOR CRASH END OVER END ONCE AND BROKE THE FRONT STEERING HUB AND THE REAR UPPER ARM ON ONE SIDE , WHAT A PILE OF CRAP..........................:eek: :eek:

If ya want a cadallac you shouldn't go to the hyndai dealer:nono: :no:

I would have to say that this buggy sounds like a flop. There hasn't been one good review of it yet. Too bad, large scale needs more models to keep the excitement at a high and growing, but like all other R/C's there will be the ones no one wants.:(

I would have to say that this buggy sounds like a flop. There hasn't been one good review of it yet. Too bad, large scale needs more models to keep the excitement at a high and growing, but like all other R/C's there will be the ones no one wants.:(

i wouldnt necessarily say they are a flop,just may need to sort out a few more bugs than the more expensive cars... i bought myne for au$675.00 so i don't really xpect the world from the buggy! i took it out today for about 15 mins untill the left rear driveshaft spat a pin and also discovered the other pin was mangled and nearly useless so maybe a geometry problem with the rear? i machined down an allen key,cut it to size and then pressed it in!!good as new!!it seems to have a really short radio range which is really frustrating at times...my car has seen more repair time than drive time but ive only had it less than a week and im sure
with a few more tweeks and mods it'll be reliable and strong...im getting to know the car and i love it even with its downfalls!

xrc mod questions

You need to get a new radio ASAP. That radio is not legal in the USA. Check e-bay or ask someone for one of their spare Baja radios.

can you or anyone who KNOWS please tell me what is a good tried and trusted radio setup to replace the shyte quality one in my xrc?and also if anyone knows if theres a replacement for the motor..zenoah or somethig else?? is the mounting setup similar to the xrc?? what other mods has anyone else done with success? any way of squeezing more power outta the motor without spending zillions? what about the clutch,can anyone reccomend a spring that will give me better take off?? cheers!! lastly,can any1 tell me any parts that will fit off other buggies?

Last edited:
can you or anyone who KNOWS please tell me what is a good tried and trusted radio setup to replace the shyte quality one in my xrc?

I have only used the Spektrum with no problems but there are others that will work as well. For me right now its Spektrum.:)

and also if anyone knows if theres a replacement for the motor..zenoah or somethig else?? is the mounting setup similar to the xrc??

It looks like they used a 23cc motor so I would think you could upgrade, but it will cost some $$ to do so.

what other mods has anyone else done with success? any way of squeezing more power outta the motor without spending zillions? what about the clutch,can anyone reccomend a spring that will give me better take off??
cheers!! lastly,can any1 tell me any parts that will fit off other buggies?

The Punisher
I have just bought one of these and still waiting for it in the post i will post a review when i get it, by the way i have also bought the 23ccc race ported head kit, HPI 8000 rpm clutch spirng from DDM for it also. and have been looking at adapting a tuned pipe for the FG to fit it .
But he also said after doing all that:
GOT MY XRC 1/5TH SCALE BUGGY YESTERDAY IT HAD A RUN TIME OF APPROX 10 MINS BEFORE IT BROKE , FIXED IT TODAY , HAD A MINOR CRASH END OVER END ONCE AND BROKE THE FRONT STEERING HUB AND THE REAR UPPER ARM ON ONE SIDE , WHAT A PILE OF CRAP..........................

With the exhaust pointing down like that and no room for a pipe to sit on the side, Im not sure you have pipe options?

My oppinion but, for what it sounds like you want out of your buggy you might want to sell and get a Baja.:blush:

I have only used the Spektrum with no problems but there are others that will work as well. For me right now its Spekt

It looks like they used a 23cc motor so I would think you could upgrade, but it will cost some $$ to do so.

But he also said after doing all that:

With the exhaust pointing down like that and no room for a pipe to sit on the side, Im not sure you have pipe options?

My oppinion but, for what it sounds like you want out of your buggy you might want to sell and get a Baja.:blush:
any ideas on a premium spark plug upgrade??will it make much difference from the factory plug? thank you!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks