XRT or 5ive T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picodogg

I eat DDM chocolate mints for breakfast
PLUS member
I am looking at getting either an XRT, batteries, and charger for $1540 (after tax) or getting a 5ive T for $1600 (after tax with a little discount).

I own a Sledge. It’s fun, but I want something bigger.

Cost is similar off the line between the XRT and 5T, and I know mods and the like are gonna be different expenses.

I am leaning pretty hard towards the 5T, as God intended, but not sure about the noise bothering neighbors since it will be used everyday and the extra maintenance. (I am on a couple of acres.) I’ve got some knowledge on the gas stuff, but nothing to speak proudly of.

Decide for me.

I know you are gonna say both, but pick one.

Bonus points for not being a peepee about it.

Love,
Picodogg

Picture kinda related.

Attachments

• IMG_2008.jpeg
    IMG_2008.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 9
I own an XRT and an Xmaxx, but I do not own a 5iveT. I can tell you that the XRT is a very fun rig. It is very quick and stable. So far the only upgrade I have done is a 3D RC wing mount.

i have a losi 5b and an xmaxx, a very similar comparison to the 2 rigs you are considering. They are not comparable. The xmaxx is alot of fun in the sense that it pops wheelies, is fast, jumps high and takes a good bashing. The 5b is fun in the sense that its gas, top quality, sticks to the ground nicely, and having a real engine is just a great feeling, the xmaxx is soulless compared to the 5b.
I say that if your friends run electric buy the xrt and if they run gas or nitro buy the 5t, you don't want to end up the odd one out

10-4…. Should I look at Futaba instead of Dx5 if I am changing the reciever?

Better yet just give me a list of must haves to get this thing going in the right direction. That is to everyone except Rep732. I read through your upgrade list, and my wallet doesn’t want to get too light. 😂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks