Yamaha Inspired MCD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mono,
Lets see the new pipe installed. OOOHHHH a Reed motor :drool: . Is it from DDM?

Nothing much to see really, it looks identical to the pics zouz10 posted on the first page. Yeah im running a reed ported Zen26 from O'neil's. Truthfully though, although I think its a great engine in retrospect I perhaps should have opted for a larger capacity engine as mine was really struggling to move off the line with the 8:1 gear ratio. Had to drop it down a couple of cogs to restore my acceleration but now my top end will not be so exciting. This engine is supposed to produce 5-6 HP but it doesn't feel it at this point. Perhaps I just need to adjust the clutch to a higher RPM to eliminate the bog. I am also running camp fuel which I don't think is a good idea on performance engines. I reckon I am getting pre-detonation (pinging) as the engine doesn't want to turn off straight after a long hard run. I think the low flash point of camp fuel is igniting in the cylinder even with no spark causing it to "diesel" for a few secs after the spark is killed. I am planning on buying some fresh fuel and giving it a good re-tune. This will hopefully transform the engine into the animal it is supposed to be.

It would be really nice to have a run with another MCD running a larger engine to compare the difference but unfortunately I am the only 1/6 scale member of our off-road club.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks