Yet another mesh mod.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnubisBC

The Professor ?‍?
Build Thread Contributor
I've been running on a soccer field a lot lately, and every run ends with an enormous amount of grass stuck under the chassis, and I've been thinking of some kind of chassis mesh mod, but I didn't like the idea of using aluminum screen.

So this week, we replaced our cheap ass Sikar laptop stands, and the metal tops looked like perfect fodder for a mesh mod to keep the grass etc, out from under my engine.

Here's version 1.0:

trannymesh.jpgstarterrmesh.jpg

I'm still working out the mesh behind the starter side:

BehindStarter.jpg

I've left enough material here to make some adjustments if this bit isn't enough to keep the buildup out from under the engine. I'll likely cut it and push out the right side, but we will see.

I'll update this thread with any changes I make to this mod. Please feel free to add any feedback in the meantime.

Looks good ?? how dose it work??‍♂️
I've been running on a soccer field a lot lately, and every run ends with an enormous amount of grass stuck under the chassis, and I've been thinking of some kind of chassis mesh mod, but I didn't like the idea of using aluminum screen.

So this week, we replaced our cheap ass Sikar laptop stands, and the metal tops looked like perfect fodder for a mesh mod to keep the grass etc, out from under my engine.

Here's version 1.0:

View attachment 59668View attachment 59669

I'm still working out the mesh behind the starter side:

View attachment 59670

I've left enough material here to make some adjustments if this bit isn't enough to keep the buildup out from under the engine. I'll likely cut it and push out the right side, but we will see.

I'll update this thread with any changes I make to this mod. Please feel free to add any feedback in the meantime.

This mod is still keeping most of the grass out of my flywheel. I did have to make a few adjustments, as one does, especially to the screen directly behind the pull start cover. But I've been running the last few weeks in dead grass, and my flywheel and crankcase are still clear and pushing fresh air over the head.

Definitely a very easy mod with a major return if you're a park runner like me.

how about some pics??

Well it looks almost exactly the same as the above pics, but I did add a piece behind the motor, under the header, I'm just using heavy duty "hook and loop" to hold it in place:
meshtop.jpg

And I replaced the janky piece that's just behind the starter cover with a bigger piece to make it more sturdy:
MeshRear.jpg

Went to the grassy field again today, without the bottom shield and not a single blade of grass got in the chassis.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks