Your Workshop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpiguy

In response to the What R/C Do You Own thread, where do you work on them?

I just bought a four bedroom house built in 1890. Luckily they built a new foundation for it in 1962. So I have this enormous basement with all divided areas to work on my toys, while leaving room for every other thing a basement needs too.

Now this does not include all my boats in my office and about 15 unbuilt kits so far.

As you look at this pic, think about this....I used to have all this in a two bedroom apartment.

Workshop from the stairs:
IMG_0026.jpg

Large Scales in the big open area on display:
IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Workbench and some radios:

IMG_0017.jpg

More models on shelves and parts, batts, chargers, etc.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

My Tamiya Semi:

IMG_0020.jpg

Wow, nice shop almost a mini store you have there. I'm not so lucky, I have to share with the hole family. My wife has the left with the stamping stuff, my daughter and son have the floor for whatever they have for arts and crafts, and I have the back wall for my stuff. Can't complain though at least I have somewhere now.:)
Oh ya, nice dog, I have a relative!

Attachments

• DSC03082.jpg
    DSC03082.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I have a little less then 1/2 the garage.
My wife gets the rest for her car and the trash cans.
We have a lot of storage in the garage so I can keep all my RCs tucked away from the dust and prying eyes when the garage door is open.

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

And....... My shop companion Lucky Girl!

IMG_1707.JPG

hpiguy,

that tank is awesome looking and looks HUGE! Got any video of that bad boy in action?

-Michael

hpiguy,

that tank is awesome looking and looks HUGE! Got any video of that bad boy in action?

-Michael

Which one, the M1 Abrams or the M5 Stuart?

Neither one wil break any speed records. 3 mph tops on the M1 maybe 2 on the M5.

I got them cause they are huge and super detailed.

Until a few months ago I had to work in any empty parking lot I could find. I did all kinds of repairs out of the trunk of my car. I even replaced a head gasket and piston ring.

Now we have a garage where I can use my work bench but I still keep all my RC stuff in the trunk of my car.

Old habits die hard...and I can rebuild my buggy anywhere I run!

Attachments

• Shop1.jpg
    Shop1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 35
"Now we have a garage where I can use my work bench but I still keep all my RC stuff in the trunk of my car."

Well Ken, I hope your car looks like a POS! :laugh: Cars get stolen.....garages are nailed down. :D

Jason

Until a few months ago I had to work in any empty parking lot I could find. I did all kinds of repairs out of the trunk of my car. I even replaced a head gasket and piston ring.

Now we have a garage where I can use my work bench but I still keep all my RC stuff in the trunk of my car.

Old habits die hard...and I can rebuild my buggy anywhere I run!

WOW, I can't believe how your shop looks just like a Zenoah. Thats awesome.:clown:

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm not surprised, some old lady lived in a shoe - At least thats what my mom used to tell me when I was young:huh: so why can't you have a shop in a Zenoah - Wonder what the CC would be.:clown:

Its good to see all these nice clean workshops :) , i only wish i could be the same :( , i am always working on projects it never seems to stay clean:no:
phil.

Attachments

• 000_image001.jpg
    000_image001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 001_image002.jpg
    001_image002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 002_image003.jpg
    002_image003.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 39
IMG_20161013_121414.jpg Keeping my workshop organized and clean is part of the fun. Here are some pics of my RC workshop in my garage. Nothing outrageous, just my favorite place to be.IMG_20161013_120138.jpg IMG_20161013_122030.jpg IMG_20161013_121849.jpgIMG_20161013_121821.jpgIMG_20161013_121126.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks