Zee's V.I.P Build 😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll never turn a wrench to fix my own car ever again🤣

It's getting close to the point where you won't even be able to work on your own cars. I'm doing ADAS calibrations and programming for work now. Theres been quite a few guys trying to do things themselves all to brick modules in their cars and need to call us in to reprogram. Did a complete system update on 2021 740i yesterday, 17hrs to complete!!!! If the battery looses power or the computer shuts down you risk bricking every module in the car!

It's getting close to the point where you won't even be able to work on your own cars. I'm doing ADAS calibrations and programming for work now. Theres been quite a few guys trying to do things themselves all to brick modules in their cars and need to call us in to reprogram. Did a complete system update on 2021 740i yesterday, 17hrs to complete!!!! If the battery looses power or the computer shuts down you risk bricking every module in the car!
That's impressive. Bmws are usually pretty easy it seems I know on my dad's 2017 540i you can flash a tune yourself with an app and an ethernet cable, aswell as change a bunch of system values and whatnot (it's called bimmercode, you can change like ambient lighting colors and whatnot). Not sure about other modules though, not sure why you would be in there to begin with tho. Mercedes aswell seems like they don't want you working on their cars .

We have factory subscriptions so same software the dealers use. Most of the work comes in from body shops, cars that have been in an accident. Blind spot monitoring, lane keep asisst, park asisst and sometimes avm cameras need re calibrating after a crash. Starting 2023 here in NYS every car that has a ADAS fault will NOT pass inspection. All the shops are now required to buy new inspection machines and check to make sure ADAS systems are working correctly to give a pass. Just to give ya an idea how crazy it's gonna get. If you pull a windsheild on a vehicle equiped with lane watch/lane keep asisst the camera has to be calibrated, our fee is $600.

We have factory subscriptions so same software the dealers use. Most of the work comes in from body shops, cars that have been in an accident. Blind spot monitoring, lane keep asisst, park asisst and sometimes avm cameras need re calibrating after a crash. Starting 2023 here in NYS every car that has a ADAS fault will NOT pass inspection. All the shops are now required to buy new inspection machines and check to make sure ADAS systems are working correctly to give a pass. Just to give ya an idea how crazy it's gonna get. If you pull a windsheild on a vehicle equiped with land watch/lane keep asisst the camera has to be calibrated, our fee is $600.
Thats wild. Yeah ive never read into the safety systems much. I kinda get it though, your average idiot like me messing with the safety systems would be a huge liability.

just a quick suggestion. if you disconnect the check engine light it cannot come on. your car would be more reliable and never have a check engine light hence no engine issues.
also the process should work for all other lights
I don't have such issues 😁
Currently researching paint correction, why the feck is there so many names and products 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😆

Trust me 98 mph in the beamer is nothing. Plus on our highways we have a 75mph speed limit so 98 isn't that bad, people in the left lane be hauling ass.
In the lexus I've gone 80 I think. She didn't really like that cuz I was on a road with a 40mph speed limit but on the highway I just haven't had a chance to take it up that far. Plus it's best at 80mph, cruises real nice.

Last edited:
So just got done doing a brake fluid flush because I don't have a clue last time it was changed(judging by the rusted bleed screw it probably hasn't been done in years). I've always hated the brakes on this car because they are meant to be super comfortable, i hate that , I like direct feeling brakes. Either way the bad fluid did contribute to that as now the brakes feel a nit more direct and I don't have to push the pedal as far. I still has the poopy toyota feeling brake but not much I can do about that for now . Atleast I know the fluid I'd new now

20220417_192448.jpg20220417_163541.jpg20220417_190102.jpg20220417_185834.jpg

You can replace the check valve on the booster to see if it helps with your softer pedal and even better you can also re adjust your booster rod that pushes on your master.

i bet yer comparing yer dads beemer brakes to the lexus Z,
only way yer gonna get the lexus to brake like the beemer is with upgrades in idscs/rotors and pads ,
my beemers the same , stands on its nose when ya hit the brakes (y):D

i bet yer comparing yer dads beemer brakes to the lexus Z,
only way yer gonna get the lexus to brake like the beemer is with upgrades in idscs/rotors and pads ,
my beemers the same , stands on its nose when ya hit the brakes (y):D
Yeah even then it's probably not gunna be like that. Lexus designed it to be real smooth for what ever reason

its not that there is an issue braking. if i stomp on it the female dog will stop no problem and it stops pretty quick for its size its just that the brake feel sucks. my moms toyota sienna had similar brakes (less smooth but same squishy and long ass throw) so its a toyota thing . just gotta live with it. but overall im very happy with where the car is at now

The brake lines expand as they get older. So picture you nailing brakes and them lines expanding taking from your stopping power. Just be happy with what ya got and realize you can't race this pig, she wasn't meant for it anyways.

I just calibrated a 2021 Lexus lx. Man that thing is sick!

The brake lines expand as they get older. So picture you nailing brakes and them lines expanding taking from your stopping power. Just be happy with what ya got and realize you can't race this pig, she wasn't meant for it anyways.

I just calibrated a 2021 Lexus lx. Man that thing is sick!
Don't care about racing, just doesn't feel nice when you use the brakes. It seems normal though as I talked with a few other ls430 owners and they say it's how it's meant to be so I'm glad atleast it isn't out of the ordinary. I looked at the brake lines and they look fine. But when I need brake pads I'll do them aswell (cheap insurance)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks