Zen spark plug wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizzer

Canadian Rednek! 🍻
Lifetime PLUS!
PLUS member
Hey Guys,

I am just wondering if the plug wire/boot are prone to breakage. Headed out yesterday and the little bastard wouldn’t start. Changed the plug nothing, second plug nothing. Checked spark to ground on cylinder jug and nothing or very weak just the odd time, not consistent. Gap on coil to flywheel is spot on!

Looking at DDM I see they have repair kits. Starting to think that’s the trouble and reason for symptoms. I’ll dig a little deeper tomorrow after work, but just curious is this connection prone to failure?

Compression is good! It fired up on Monday after I finished doing some upgrades no problems at all.

I was pissed off after packing up all my gear and driving a half hour away to bash! So I just stuck it in the corner, like I said tomorrow night after work I’ll look at it a little closer.

Thanks for the replies.

I've destroyed 2x zen plug caps :rolleyes: ...i run msd ones now?
I’ve noticed a few guys are running the MSD/Taylor wire set up. When I 1st noticed the MSD cap at DDM back in October I couldn’t figure out why guys would think they were needed. I was thinking guys thought they would be a performance upgrade and I laughed. Now I am thinking it is for durability.

Evssv was there any external damage to the stock Zen caps you had trouble with or was it just internal break down of the wire/boot? My looks mint just taking a look at it. Just got home, I’ll start messing with it and see what I can find. I got a spare coil from a CY worst case scenario, but thought I read they produced a little weaker spark then the Zen.

I have the msd wire and its a nice visual upgrade. Only issue is the shrink tube they give you isn't worth a damn. Cy coil plug wire is epoxied in and zen coils are not. The cy epoxy will come out with some help but the zen is nice as it just un screws with ease

I’ve noticed a few guys are running the MSD/Taylor wire set up. When I 1st noticed the MSD cap at DDM back in October I couldn’t figure out why guys would think they were needed. I was thinking guys thought they would be a performance upgrade and I laughed. Now I am thinking it is for durability.

Evssv was there any external damage to the stock Zen caps you had trouble with or was it just internal break down of the wire/boot? My looks mint just taking a look at it. Just got home, I’ll start messing with it and see what I can find. I got a spare coil from a CY worst case scenario, but thought I read they produced a little weaker spark then the Zen.
i ripped the copper bit out me l5b one in a roll over and split the cap ☹..and did same on my 5ive one..☹....the plug rubber on msd is way stronger then the stock caps?

the stock caps do last a while, but i've had several that have split open after lots of removing/refitting em on the plug,
never used the msd ones yet, but sure i will do before long (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks