Zenoah 32cc’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much everything is different , what are you thinking?
I was thinking of using a marine head and piston and finding some sort of heat sink to go over the head as it won’t be water cooled obvs. Very similar to the DS SIKK.

Never seen it done and it could be a cheap way for more power and different engine characteristics.

That was my idea

I was thinking of using a marine head and piston and finding some sort of heat sink to go over the head as it won’t be water cooled obvs. Very similar to the DS SIKK.

Never seen it done and it could be a cheap way for more power and different engine characteristics.

That was my idea

I'm pretty sure the marine heads will bolt on as my twin is basically a marine engine with air-cooled rcmk heads on

Dark Soul used to make a cooling fin that went on water cooled cylinders to work in air cooled applications. Do not remember how they worked because have not heard about them in a while. But people did show using them. Might be something else to look into. Might want to see if DDM still has some laying around since they used to carry it.

Dark Soul used to make a cooling fin that went on water cooled cylinders to work in air cooled applications. Do not remember how they worked because have not heard about them in a while. But people did show using them. Might be something else to look into. Might want to see if DDM still has some laying around since they used to carry it.
Yes mate that is the SIKK engine I have a 26cc Darksoul the 32cc wasn’t available when he made them I think.

That’s a bad picture of my DS. Also the above is only a 2 bolt. He did make a 4 bolt and I spoke to him about getting one then he disappeared of the radar and I never really chased it up. That’s was about 3 or 4 years ago.

I hope this link works;

http://www.zenoah.com/int/products/hobby-engines/compare-hobby/?nid=681905,679934

Check the difference on out put and revs. From what I’ve already read some of it might/ probably is down to more efficient water cooling but surely not all?

I know they both use the same piston, some say the head is the same just the marine version is milled down.

I think I might try and modify my existing 2 bolt CY heat sink into a Zen 4 bolt and mount it to a marine head and new piston on to an existing bottom end ( but with new parts if you get my meaning?).

What do you reckon? I know anything is doable but how hard I’m yet to assess, my initial feeling based on very little experience is I can. I did it with my my original 26.

I will need to get stuff machined, maybe this time.

Look at the rpm power range. The water cooled was tested at 1000 rpm more. That right there could be the power output difference.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks