Zenoah G320, best carb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys, with the issues im having atm with my g320, im now thinking that there maybe an issue with the carb which is the 1107.

so im going to prob pick up a new carb, at least then it will eliminate that if i still have same prob (and i will gain a spare carb!).

is the 1007 the best carb for this engine paired with a tuned pipe (olimat unsilenced) or is there a better choice?

Cheers!

Please give it a chance, run it on the ground, your flooding issue is most likely your technique. I prime the carb then choke on and pull slow till it pops. Granted with an esp the pop causes a small recoil. No offense but at this point it's technique and tuning. These carbs don't go bad, there's no moving parts. It's understanding how they work is the issue.

At this point trial by fire, been there done this on the boats, @tizdaz youll find out that alot of the carbs need tweaking and ones that don't consider yourself lucky and winning the carb lottery.

ive never had issues over the years starting all my zenoahs (23/26 & 29) using 668 & 990 carbs. ok thats a lie ive had a cpl of issues over the years! :D, but not on brand new engine/carb. Like i say its been like this since day 1 when i very 1st tried to start it. I will prime then choke it (if cold) till i hear a pop or 2, unchoke then usually fires up 1 or 2 pulls.

I will see how i get on tommoz, but its every time I'm trying to start it, its just a bit of a coincidence that this starting issue & the low end lacking etc even with a good tune :s

At the mo, to get it started, its flooding very quickly, even when doing just 1 pull with the choke closed, and i don't get the pop sound of it trying to start. it was pretty much flooded so had to drain it! I also made sure the idel screw wasnt keeping the throttle open as that would cause flooding, but it was totally closed, anyway will see how i get on tommoz!

This Taylor 35 that im thinking of getting maybe sooner than later lol

I have a couple 990’s. The lack
Of choke us a deal breaker for me, I never had any
Luck with them.

At least the 813 has an accelerator pump.
Yeah I don't care for a 990, but some guys do. The 813 had a non serviceable accelerator pump. You used to be able to get parts but throw away world and all... unfortunately it's the world we live it.

Yeah I don't care for a 990, but some guys do. The 813 had a non serviceable accelerator pump. You used to be able to get parts but throw away world and all... unfortunately it's the world we live it.
yeah i think the 813 was the last carb i used on my FG, was a great carb to be honest for me :) ..the 990 was prob the worse due to no choke and in UK in the winter was a biatch to start!! but summer was no probs! ..668 on my 26 & then i had the 813 on my 29 iir, were spot on.

ive never had issues over the years starting all my zenoahs (23/26 & 29) using 668 & 990 carbs. ok thats a lie ive had a cpl of issues over the years! :D, but not on brand new engine/carb. Like i say its been like this since day 1 when i very 1st tried to start it. I will prime then choke it (if cold) till i hear a pop or 2, unchoke then usually fires up 1 or 2 pulls.

I will see how i get on tommoz, but its every time I'm trying to start it, its just a bit of a coincidence that this starting issue & the low end lacking etc even with a good tune :s

At the mo, to get it started, its flooding very quickly, even when doing just 1 pull with the choke closed, and i don't get the pop sound of it trying to start. it was pretty much flooded so had to drain it! I also made sure the idel screw wasnt keeping the throttle open as that would cause flooding, but it was totally closed, anyway will see how i get on tommoz!

This Taylor 35 that im thinking of getting maybe sooner than later lol
Don't take this the wrong way, I could toss about 8 of my saws at you, and a gautentee you would flood each and everyone trying to start them.
So, that pop we listen for to flip the choke off, forget about it, sometimes it's barley audible. Heck try starting it without the choke for that matter.... normally I'd be pointing to something wrong with the carb, but you were just in there and did a few things. Could be a bad main jet check valve, but thats non replaceable anymore either. Metering lever set too high would cause a flood condition or really picky needles.
yeah i think the 813 was the last carb i used on my FG, was a great carb to be honest for me :) ..the 990 was prob the worse due to no choke and in UK in the winter was a biatch to start!! but summer was no probs! ..668 on my 26 & then i had the 813 on my 29 iir, were spot on.
Yeah 668 is a good carb, basically the smaller version of the 1107, well all the wt series are close to the same when you get down to it, personal preference definitely plays a role in selection too. The 668 doesn't flow enough air for the 32 and up engines they will run but not right.

Are you sure the needle valve isn't getting stuck open even a little bit? That could cause flooding when starting. I doubt it's the issue since you just messed with the metering spring but ya never know.

Are you sure the needle valve isn't getting stuck open even a little bit? That could cause flooding when starting. I doubt it's the issue since you just messed with the metering spring but ya never know.
afaik its closed, im looking at the butterfly too to make sure its in the fully closed position but like i say will try it again tommoz. In the end i got it started by leaning the LSN a bit.

ok i spoke to Mike Taylor from Taylor RC earlier, ive been talking to him over last few weeks regarding my issue, i asked him about the 1107 carbs he sells (stock & mod, he reckons i should use the "Mod" version he sells instead of the stock 1107 which he also sells, about £5 difference between the 2, heres what he said:

"As you now have the tuned exhaust, it would have to be the mod carb you need, it supplies a lot more fuel when you whack the throttle open to prevent any lean bogs. Yes this could well be worth a try, also no bad thing long term anyway as it just means a safer engine"

So i think i will take it out once more & give it ago, but to be honest, i dint think there is going to be any change, i think the issue after all ive tried is either to do with the carb or pipe as thats the only 2 things i haven't swapped out & I'm leaning more towards the carb as liek i say above, its been like this since very 1st time i fired it up! ...but will see, i will order that carb anyway as in worse scenario, i will have a spare.

:LOL: ... no offense but I've never really added fuel to any of my esp engines with tuned pipes.
yeh i hear ya ;)

but to be honest though, ive tried everything else with this low end issue. only 2 things i haven't replaced or tried now is the pipe/carb. Im putting my money on the carb at this point, but like i say, even if it isn't the carb after ive tried the new one, it wont be a waste of money as it will be a spare, and im also rebuilding an FG so it will be used in that more then likely :)

But if i do still have the issue after trying new carb, then it must be something to do with the pipe, i know back in the day, on my FG i had a DOM pipe, they did a few different versions, one for low end/torque & one for mid-high end speed. I tried both and i much preferred the torque version.

So im wondering if its the same deal with these olimat pipes? the one i have is the unsilenced version, ideally i wanted the silenced version, but there was no silenced pipe anywhere available for the 2.0 in uk! only one was the genuine LOSI pipe 2.0, which i did have at first, but when trying to fit it, was pretty clear this would not fit the 2.0 without some major modding, so i returned it and went for this olimat pipe.

Time will tell, i bought the pipe from Taylor RC and like i say ive been in talks with him, hes asked me to grab a vid of my next outing as he maybe able to put a finger on what the issue is.

Everything mike said above is describing the issue i have word for word, it's bogging when i hit the throttle before it takes off like the feel you get when on a motox bike when the powerband kicks in! but instead it just seems like theres a lack of fuel getting through as soon i open the throttle from stand still, even though i have it tuned as good as i can! :/

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks