Zenoah G320 won't pull fuel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rain13a

New to the hobby, third run with my Vekta 5 and the Zenoah G320 stalled and died. The fuel bell was completely empty but the tank was full. When I try and prime the engine it won't pull fuel but it is pressuring the tank (if I pull the fuel line off fuel will flow freely). I pulled the carb and inspected all the seals look good. Any ideas on what to check next? Thanks.

We need to see pics of your carb and the insulator, the portion that holds the carb to the engine. It sounds like your engine is vapor locking if you have no fuel in the primer bulb. The other possibility is you have an air leak issue with the primer bulb or gaskets holding the top portion of the carb on.

Last edited:
We need to see pics of your carb and the insulator, the portion that holds the carb to the engine. It sounds like your engine is vapor locking if you have no fuel in the primer bulb. The other possibility is you have an air leak issue with the primer bulb or gaskets holding the top portion of the carb on.
Hope the pics help. I've completely taken the carb apart so not sure it would be vapor lock.

Attachments

• 20230803_205315.jpg
    20230803_205315.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230803_205247.jpg
    20230803_205247.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230803_205217.jpg
    20230803_205217.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230803_205201.jpg
    20230803_205201.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230803_205152.jpg
    20230803_205152.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 13
Ah gotcha now in your original post. Sounds like your tank is causing the lock. Have you made sure when you assembled the vent in the cap its facing the right direction? It's to allow air in but not vent out. Try to draw fuel into the bulb with the cap off.

Ah gotcha now in your original post. Sounds like your tank is causing the lock. Have you made sure when you assembled the vent in the cap its facing the right direction? It's to allow air in but not vent out. Try to draw fuel into the bulb with the cap off.
With the cap off I can see the bubbles from the fuel line going into the tank but nothing coming outta the tank. I've removed the fuel filter to eliminate that possible fault.

That's interesting, so let's diagnose this and hopefully it's easy.

The yellow line that comes to the top of the carb that's the return to the tank that carries the bubbles, is there fuel going through it or just bubbles? The black line to the bottom of the carb is the fuel supply. My next question is did you buy this engine complete or did you assemble it yourself? It sounds like your losing prime at the carb and we can continue further if you mention all I asked is ok.

That's interesting, so let's diagnose this and hopefully it's easy.

The yellow line that comes to the top of the carb that's the return to the tank that carries the bubbles, is there fuel going through it or just bubbles? The black line to the bottom of the carb is the fuel supply. My next question is did you buy this engine complete or did you assemble it yourself? It sounds like your losing prime at the carb and we can continue further if you mention all I asked is ok.
Ok, you talking through the fuel path enlightened me and I feel like an idiot. I'll admit it, crossed the lines. I thought the line nearest the bulb was intake. All's good now. I'm gonna have a drink. Thanks for your help.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks