Zippos neverending project 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had it running yet?

How long will a tank of fuel last - just curious how much extra a monster of an engine like that will slurp?

Al.
i haven't had it running yet, still working on installation. found a few other things missing and have on order already. i've heard 15-20 minute runtimes on the twin. not sure till i get her fired though

looking good Zippo :cool:

the engine looks very compact and not out of place

what did OBR do to it when you sent it to them;)

K....
thanks man, as for what all they did
replaced crank, heads, missing gaskets, piston clips etc, missing bolts, and did their magic :D now shes in pretty much new condition.

well found my nut holder set that i'd been looking for, (but already ordered another set....) so got the swaybars installed on front and rear.
20121108_195708.jpg

and i am having some alignment issues with this, i have pulled it apart several times tried refitting the engine etc. but everytime i got to put the clutch housing to engine palte bolt in i have to slide engine back towards clutch side, and i get this

20121107_184251.jpg

20121107_201750.jpg

every other screw is in, just have a gap between top of clutch housing and engine brace, and the misalignment of the pinion / spur gear.

any idea?

alright, so the current stage of this project is coming to a close, all i have left is to run the fuel lines and i can fire it up. :) Big thanks to O'Neill Brothers Racing for breathing life back into this engine and getting me the parts i needed to beef up the gearing and mounting pieces, Turtle Racing for being able to get OBr the front cradle mount, Dino at JetPro for fixing the pipe up, DDM (davesmotors) for their lightning quick shipping of all the parts i needed to beef up the suspension, drive train, conversion to 5t so i can mount the cage, and all the other misc parts, dscjester and silverss from hpibajaforum for answering many questions i had and giving me advice to get this bad boy together, and everyone else who has given advice and commented and posted on my build thread to keep this going.
I have a few other parts on their way to finish off the build. Only thing i'm going to have left to get is some better tires that will handle the power of this twin. I'm hoping these hold up until hostile gets his belted tires in production :).
well enough talk, here's some pics

20121109_211948.jpg

20121109_232317.jpg

20121109_232420.jpg

20121109_232245.jpg

20121109_232254.jpg

20121109_232308.jpg

Had a package show up early. Got the cage installed and fuel lines ran. Only have to buy an L Allen and grind it down to tighten the one exhaust bolt down. Then fire it up.
20121110_160056.jpg

20121110_160051.jpg

20121110_160044.jpg

i haven't had it running yet, still working on installation. found a few other things missing and have on order already. i've heard 15-20 minute runtimes on the twin. not sure till i get her fired though

thanks man, as for what all they did
replaced crank, heads, missing gaskets, piston clips etc, missing bolts, and did their magic :D now shes in pretty much new condition.

well found my nut holder set that i'd been looking for, (but already ordered another set....) so got the swaybars installed on front and rear.
20121108_195708.jpg

and i am having some alignment issues with this, i have pulled it apart several times tried refitting the engine etc. but everytime i got to put the clutch housing to engine palte bolt in i have to slide engine back towards clutch side, and i get this

20121107_184251.jpg

20121107_201750.jpg

every other screw is in, just have a gap between top of clutch housing and engine brace, and the misalignment of the pinion / spur gear.

any idea?

did you find the problem;)

K....

your ride is looking really good now with the cage fitted

looks like the pipes are a little exposed though for getting damaged;)

K....

yeah the cage really set this off, as for the pipes being exposed. i'm not sure what to do their, probly just going to have to watch to make sure im not driving around rocks or anything.
did you find the problem;)

K....
yeah, just had to readjust a couple things 1 last time and got the side brace to fit. the gearing is still off a bit, but talking with others its how theirs ride too, i do plan on either shaving this pinion gear down and shimming, or flipping the gear and shimming.

It's not just HPI either,my losi is exactly the same.
Now get off the PC and get us some vid! lol
lol, times been the issue. but here it is. lol

working til 5 and getting dark at 5:20- 5:30 sucks. as soon as the sun goes down its getting chilly made it hard to get this fired up and tested.
so today i was at the shop and not on the road so i decided to try and fire this up over the lunch hour. had to adjust my idle stop screw in a little to get it to fire and keep running. here's a video

[ame]http://youtu.be/2KNn9GqzHSM[/ame]

Sounding nice and evil!!

Good self control - doubt I could hold off myself!

Al.
lol, with as much money as wrapped in this it helped with the self control. i am hoping that this weekend i can finish breaking her in and seeing what she'll do. only thing going to hold me back is i know the tires wont take much abuse. but i want to wait until the belted tires hit production. will see. might have to get some used hostiles to get me by.

money is never an option in this game:D:lol::lol::lol:

K....
Lol. I hear ya there.

Yeah .....

It's either there .....

or it isn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::(:eek::D

Al.
True that.

Been toying with the idea of a body. Has anyone had heat issues running a body on the twin? Living in KS it can get pretty hot in the summer.
but it looks good with a body....
20121115_211709.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks