Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How've I managed to go thru 2 cars in one thread ????‍♂️?‍♂️
PS John, I think I agree with you actually, maybe I shouldn't sell my rear end as it is original HPI, and we all know how rare those damn diff gears seem so probably better that I keep it. Never know what someone else's Baja has in it ?‍♂️

You shouldn't because it would be stupid to to sell it and have to turn around and buy another.

Alls you need at this point is a losi roller. Which I have seen many go for 500-600. That 2.0 I linked seriously is a deal and they don't get cheaper than that. Already has good upgrades. I'd be kissing ass if I had to to get the money lol

You shouldn't because it would be stupid to to sell it and have to turn around and buy another.

Alls you need at this point is a losi roller. Which I have seen many go for 500-600. That 2.0 I linked seriously is a deal and they don't get cheaper than that. Already has good upgrades. I'd be kissing ass if I had to to get the money lol
Yeah hopefully summin like that rig will come round when I'm ready ? curious, since I'm not using the rear end an center diff off the Losi how much would they go for ?

Why the need for a hybrid? I'm just curious.

Really, the reason I ask is because I see this going the same way as the Franky. I'm not trying to poop on your aspirations. I just see you driving yourself crazy with yet another cobbled build that you can't afford to make right.

You already have a killer 2WD rig that just needs a few more upgrades to be bulletproof. A Hybrid is a 2WD that will cost you so much more, and until you can afford the monster powerplant, what good will the added expense give you?

You're selling low and buying high, which just means you'll end up spending more than you need to for the same result. Why not spend a bit less and actually make your current rig work? Aside from thrashing axle boots (hopefully fixed with the $0 guard I've made), my 5T is pretty bulletproof, and a hell of a lot of fun!

If you want maintenance free, just sell your rig and get the 2.0 John linked. You can't go wrong with that build at that price. If it were closer to bonus time, I'd probably just buy the damn thing so I could have a 4WD in the garage and leave you in the lurch. :ROFLMAO:

My understanding is they need the baja rearend to handle the power, but the baja platform is undrivable with a hugh motor. So they use the 5 for more weight and a wider front end. This combo atleast gives you a shot at controlling the car. They still need a lot more weight with the biggest engines imo. Id hang a front suitcase of steel on em. Perhaps 10-15 pds. Would probably drive way better.

Uh
Why the need for a hybrid? I'm just curious.

Really, the reason I ask is because I see this going the same way as the Franky. I'm not trying to poop on your aspirations. I just see you driving yourself crazy with yet another cobbled build that you can't afford to make right.

You already have a killer 2WD rig that just needs a few more upgrades to be bulletproof. A Hybrid is a 2WD that will cost you so much more, and until you can afford the monster powerplant, what good will the added expense give you?

You're selling low and buying high, which just means you'll end up spending more than you need to for the same result. Why not spend a bit less and actually make your current rig work? Aside from thrashing axle boots (hopefully fixed with the $0 guard I've made), my 5T is pretty bulletproof, and a hell of a lot of fun!

If you want maintenance free, just sell your rig and get the 2.0 John linked. You can't go wrong with that build at that price. If it were closer to bonus time, I'd probably just buy the damn thing so I could have a 4WD in the garage and leave you in the lurch. :ROFLMAO:
I do see your point . For the most part, I hate the bajas front end. Steering system is absolutely useless. And it's too tight to work on when stuff inevitably breaks. Also , I have wanted a hybrid for a while (outlaw or diy) and now I have the opportunity to build a nice one, so why not. Not going to get maintenance free with this, I am aware of that. But I think it's what I want. Doing this ,vs upgrading the hell out of my Baja isn't too different, sure the Baja will be cheaper. But the hybrid was the other benefits that I Stated which is why I want it.
?But I thought that was why everyone likes bajas? So they can wheelie all the time. People don't buy them to put on tracks, at least most don't.
Hybrid you'll still get wheelies, alot of them, but it's more controllable. An if I remember right you were the one who suggested a hybrid in the first place so idk why your confused ?‍♂️?‍♂️??

...Hybrid you'll still get wheelies, alot of them, but it's more controllable. An if I remember right you were the one who suggested a hybrid in the first place so idk why your confused ?‍♂️?‍♂️??
True but I think you will need a bigger powerplant due to the added weight to get your satisfaction. I just think hybrids look cooler?

True but you will need a bigger powerplant due to the added weight. I just think hybrids look cooler?
Who said I wasnt upgrading my engine ?. Yeah they looks sweet. They wieght similar to a Losi, so the weight thing isn't something I'm worried about. Check out Dennis Collins' hybrid (on Facebook) with a zen 32, feker flies. This is what I want mine to look like(minus the slicks, wheelie bar, and rcmax)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190529-212907.png
    Screenshot_20190529-212907.png
    784.9 KB · Views: 9
I do see your point . For the most part, I hate the bajas front end. Steering system is absolutely useless. And it's too tight to work on when stuff inevitably breaks. Also , I have wanted a hybrid for a while (outlaw or diy) and now I have the opportunity to build a nice one, so why not. Not going to get maintenance free with this, I am aware of that. But I think it's what I want. Doing this ,vs upgrading the hell out of my Baja isn't too different, sure the Baja will be cheaper. But the hybrid was the other benefits that I Stated which is why I want it.

Eh, it's your money. Do what makes ya happy! But in the end it will still be 2WD and will still be squirrely as hell. You can't get around that.

Uh

Hybrid you'll still get wheelies, alot of them, but it's more controllable. An if I remember right you were the one who suggested a hybrid in the first place so idk why your confused ?‍♂️?‍♂️??

LOL....there is nothing maintenance free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks