Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but fuel directly into the cyl would probably still work better. Plus less time cranking it = less wear on the PS and less likely to score the cyl from all that cranking. But I could also be being paranoid
Yes very paranoid lol. Wouldnt hurt the cylinder a bit. As a matter of fact I dump gas down the carb on both my big saws to fire them up if they have been sitting for a while. And good job on the starter. Some times the simple solution is the best one ?

Yes very paranoid lol. Wouldnt hurt the cylinder a bit. As a matter of fact I dump gas down the carb on both my big saws to fire them up if they have been sitting for a while. And good job on the starter. Some times the simple solution is the best one ?
Thought so, I'm very very paranoid when it comes to internal engine parts lol. And yep, simple is best sometimes.
Damnnn ,that was quick ,what did you do ,pull a wabbit out of your arse?.....:unsure:
? Nope, just got frustrated and decided, you know what? Who gives a fek if it doesn't look as nice or whatever, not like my junk is a show truck or anything ?

If you do a tear down and have some extra cash I have an idea to clean up all those brackets under the starter. Adjusting the timing would be a bit more of a pain but I think it would be a little slicker. Get 2 slots machined on your big gear opposite of each other and tap the case (not the whole way through) for two short bolts. That would allow you to adjust the timing and keep the big gear held back without any brackets. Actually at that point the gear wouldnt need to be a gear anymore. Sorry for the crappy drawing

Attachments

• 20190824_211924.jpg
    20190824_211924.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 4
Thought so, I'm very very paranoid when it comes to internal engine parts lol. And yep, simple is best sometimes.
? Nope, just got frustrated and decided, you know what? Who gives a fek if it doesn't look as nice or whatever, not like my junk is a show truck or anything ?

No ,it don't look bad ,just got to make sure that none of those small parts don't vibrate loose!....A great job!...(y)

If you do a tear down and have some extra cash I have an idea to clean up all those brackets under the starter. Adjusting the timing would be a bit more of a pain but I think it would be a little slicker. Get 2 slots machined on your big gear opposite of each other and tap the case (not the whole way through) for two short bolts. That would allow you to adjust the timing and keep the big gear held back without any brackets. Actually at that point the gear wouldnt need to be a gear anymore. Sorry for the crappy drawing
That is also a very good idea ?
No ,it don't look bad ,just got to make sure that none of those small parts don't vibrate loose!....A great job!...(y)
Thx yeah there's alot in there but they are tight, need to pick up some blue Loctite and when I do I'll put a tiny bit in der.

Can I just say, if any of you actually watched the entirety of any of my vids, you need a metal cuz boy are they poopy and am I cringy ???
? that's lots of Sh!te all going on right there? just trying to get a bracket count 3....4 vibration is gonna reap havoc when y get frankie running.....hope I'm wrong about that???
Loctite for the vibration, in winter I will re design it for the forth time, too much Bs all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks