30 degree north truck or losi 5t???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that the 30*north is a terrible copy, UT one of the caps just went through all heck trying to gear his. They used some sort of one off transmission and bell housing. No way to set mesh. So thats a hard pass for me. Besides that my 5ive t has been the most reliable 1/5 I've ever owned. Still about 80% stock parts.

Everyone poops on rovan but I'm loving my f5. Maybe I just don't know any better? I have an mcd xr5 on the way so I guess I will compare them soonish :cool:

Not that the 30*north is a terrible copy, UT one of the caps just went through all heck trying to gear his. They used some sort of one off transmission and bell housing. No way to set mesh. So thats a hard pass for me. Besides that my 5ive t has been the most reliable 1/5 I've ever owned. Still about 80% stock parts.
That's the 2nd version of the 30°N that has the different enclosed transmission. The V1 is 100% a clone of a V1 5iveT. Only materials/quality is "different".

At the time I commented the guy having the issue with his 30*n truck had an active thread in which we discovered it was because it was a v2. Simple enough to look at that thread for the issues found.

Hoping people are still paying attention to this thread. Not going to ask about the 30DN truck, although I definitely prefer the 30DN body over the stock 5T body. My questions are about the 30DN cage, and the 30DN 7075 chassis.

Starting with the 30DN cage, how does it compare to the stock cage? Is it a direct/identical bolt up to the stock chassis? Is it more, or less, durable, or maybe it has the same durability? Is it more/less flexible than the stock cage? Physically, is it 'tube' for 'tube' identical to the stock cage, or does it have a different design...and, if different, how so?

As for the 7075 chassis, is it identical in appearance (meaning shape, as well as all screw holes) to the stock 5T chassis?

I haven't yet purchased, but, between these two, I am leaning more towards the 5T 2.0...but, I will be getting the 30DN body, and I'm strongly considering the 7075 chassis (if it's a "direct" copy of the stock 5T chassis). As for the cage, that will depend on answers to my questions, above.

the cage is 99% identical, only difference is the support that goes across the back where you would put your hand to reach the pull start. Real losi cage is an X and 30 dnt is a Y, thats all. The cages are very durable and everyone that runs big bores including myself use the 30dnt cage and body and they take a good beating and do not break....

Any particular reason you want the chassis so bad? You running a big bore or crazy electric? There's no benefit really and your going to bend any chassis if you wail on it hard enough. If I remember right someone tried to use a 30dnt chassis for a 5ive or vise versa and some of it didn't line up right. There's plenty of actual 5ive t chassis to choose from.

Lastly you should probably start your own threads to your questions as the whole forum will not be notified if you reply here only the people that have replied here or are watching the thread. If you start a new thread the whole forum will be notified of a new thread and you'll have better results.

the cage is 99% identical, only difference is the support that goes across the back where you would put your hand to reach the pull start. Real losi cage is an X and 30 dnt is a Y, thats all. The cages are very durable and everyone that runs big bores including myself use the 30dnt cage and body and they take a good beating and do not break....

Any particular reason you want the chassis so bad? You running a big bore or crazy electric? There's no benefit really and your going to bend any chassis if you wail on it hard enough. If I remember right someone tried to use a 30dnt chassis for a 5ive or vise versa and some of it didn't line up right. There's plenty of actual 5ive t chassis to choose from.

Lastly you should probably start your own threads to your questions as the whole forum will not be notified if you reply here only the people that have replied here or are watching the thread. If you start a new thread the whole forum will be notified of a new thread and you'll have better results.
First, thank you for the comment...it provided more info than I expected. Second, good to know about the cage. Sounds like I'll be ordering the body/cage combo. Third, honestly, I wasn't aware there were other 5T chassis our there. Now that I know, I'll be researching them (if you, or anyone else, has suggestions/recommendations, my ears (ok, eyes, since it's words I'd be reading) are 'open'. Fourth, didn't really think a separate thread would be needed, as it was a simple question, and one I figured those having already replied within the thread would have answers to...and, I was correct. Besides, if I had, it would have been a very short thread. Thank you, again.

Last edited:
Let me know what you guys think...
I've been doing some research, in order to help me make a similar decision. After said research, I've decided to get the 5ive-T 2.0.
It’s a gaming chair base

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B09JZ8YQXC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Office chair casters

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B09K76TZ1V?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Office chair tilt mechanism

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0BR3TQSMQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

20-28” lift cylinder for bar chair

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B09ZPNR572?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Oh and a piece of 1x8 cut 24” long and sanded with rounded corners and a few coats of varathane.
As nice an idea as that it, it's a LOT cheaper to just buy an inexpensive chair w/ adjustable height, and then remove the seat. Quite a few can be found on Amazon for less than $100, with more than a reasonable selection being in the $60-70 range.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks