Drive stick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to only drive manuals, but my Merc C63 was my first auto now I wouldn’t look back. Modern DSGs are so good, granted the Merc was a slush box but living in London with traffic, lots of traffic auto is the way to go.

I dot around in sports mode and as soon as I get a chance I mash the loud pedal and try and kill myself. ? it’s so easy. Manuals might be more fun but you can’t beat a good double clutch.
My Audis gear change is so smooth it feels like a CVT you only know you’ve changed gear by the engine noise.

Having my cdl with no restrictions, yes I can drive stick. Currently my 73 and 79 are my only stick shift at home. It's actually hard to find stick shift if it's not a pussy arse tuner car or "hot rod" in the states. I do miss it at times, and wouldnt pass up a vehicle for myself because it was stick. But the wife is a mega clutch killer, so the family vehicles (at least the ones I'm ok with her driving) have to be auto. Now if were talking big trucks, I'll take auto. Ever had to hold a twin disk in traffic, or plow developments with the same heavy nasty clutch? It sucks donky balls. And truth be told the new autos are better at getting the power to the ground then stick.

Having my cdl with no restrictions, yes I can drive stick. Currently my 73 and 79 are my only stick shift at home. It's actually hard to find stick shift if it's not a pussy arse tuner car or "hot rod" in the states. I do miss it at times, and wouldnt pass up a vehicle for myself because it was stick. But the wife is a mega clutch killer, so the family vehicles (at least the ones I'm ok with her driving) have to be auto. Now if were talking big trucks, I'll take auto. Ever had to hold a twin disk in traffic, or plow developments with the same heavy nasty clutch? It sucks donky balls. And truth be told the new autos are better at getting the power to the ground then stick.
My old skyline was a double plate clutch and my left leg became much bigger than my right leg. ?

Yeah I have a big twin disk behind my cummins, but compared to a rig clutch its tiny. On long plow runs I'd literally get cramps in my left leg from the front and back doing cult de sacs.

Why? Your choice or no choice?
Coz 98% of new car in Oz are auto?‍♂️
And truth be told the new autos are better at getting the power to the ground then stick.
You right?? my wife has an auto subaru and pull off is amazing ? but still hate an auto?‍♂️? so ?

Well I don’t drive (duh) but can’t wait to, have had this for a few years, and use it regularly, wanted manual so much I dropped 160 on the shifter and I had to upgrade the wheel for another ~250 stand was in the somewhere in 100s (forgot). View attachment 70200
Sorry son that wizzle stick doesn't compare to the real thing.

Back