Reps 5t 2.0 v2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well boys the truck is being retired and it's getting a taylor 71 Supreme, picked it up on the bargain section on taylor. I see it's not an rc max engine and I'm not sure if this is a v2 engine as idk alot about them, it is refreshed and gone over tho.
View attachment 88237
I think the tune pipe is the biggest difference for the v2, but I'm not an expert on Taylor engines either, but very nice, cant wait to hear it. Maybe someday I'll hear one in person ... and run for the earplugs. Lol

V2 had different coil design along with port design changes.

@Rep732 is your front diff alloy or plastic still? As far as the actual diffs themselves, are they alloy as well or the factory plastic? If both are plastic id do the diffs themselves in alloy atleast, front diff housing will need it as well but you can definitely run it a bit first. Most everything else looks good, may want to go to flm cups or the like though.

@John Parks all alloy except rear hubs, stock cv's and cups. My center diff cups from racing got decent notches growing so im already onto the flm 4 ever cups for my next order from ddm.

I already know the answer that regular tires are just not going to hold up so I'm gunna have to get some brp wheels shortly but I'll give it the beans first.

Was just curious if the engine was v1 or a v2, I'm not sure as the listing for it didn't mention what version I think.

@John Parks all alloy except rear hubs, stock cv's and cups. My center diff cups from racing got decent notches growing so im already onto the flm 4 ever cups for my next order from ddm.

I already know the answer that regular tires are just not going to hold up so I'm gunna have to get some brp wheels shortly but I'll give it the beans first.

Was just curious if the engine was v1 or a v2, I'm not sure as the listing for it didn't mention what version I think.

I didn't look at it real good on the site, but looking at your pic from what I can tell it's a v1. Rear hubs will definitely need upgraded, will likely just melt the bearings out of them lol. I'd run it for now, tires/ wheels be best out the gate to get. Can always throw some akill tires on 5b wheels to, brp just aren't what they used to be.

Thanks for the input John, so how's the v1 compar to the v2? I would assume they are similar in power output but im sure v2 is tweaked to be better than the v1 obviously.

Can the stock losi cv's handle the 71 for a little while till I upgrade? Not sure if anyone makes 2.0 center dog bones ad I haven't searched as I didn't need them till now. I do plan to keep it on road as I just have an issue with dirt as we all know :LOL: 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for the input John, so how's the v1 compar to the v2? I would assume they are similar in power output but im sure v2 is tweaked to be better than the v1 obviously.

Can the stock losi cv's handle the 71 for a little while till I upgrade? Not sure if anyone makes 2.0 center dog bones ad I haven't searched as I didn't need them till now. I do plan to keep it on road as I just have an issue with dirt as we all know :LOL: 🤦‍♂️

V1 is still an animal, you'll be happy. The losi axles are pretty tough, they'll be fine until they're not 🤣. Really though, I've seen most have good luck with factory axles, the new flm cups are fully enclosed and supposed to be very strong. They look alot like old school phatdad cups which were the best available.
https://www.fastlanemachine.net/proddetail.php?prod=FLM32350

That makes me feel better, I thought I was gunna have to build some drive shaft safety loops to keep them from destroying everything around them when they broke :LOL: ..

I'm disappointed that brp isn't as it was when I'm now ready to get a set from them. I see akill has some Hoosier style slicks but the language barrier makes it hard to ask if they are strong enough for what I need them for.

That makes me feel better, I thought I was gunna have to build some drive shaft safety loops to keep them from destroying everything around them when they broke :LOL: ..

I'm disappointed that brp isn't as it was when I'm now ready to get a set from them. I see akill has some Hoosier style slicks but the language barrier makes it hard to ask if they are strong enough for what I need them for.

Message him, he speaks well on messenger. If their anything like his spikes, they will be very strong.

Alright so change of plans. I can't bring myself to change my race rig as its sentimental value is more to me. It will stand as my race rig and I'll be putting the 71 Supreme in the hybrid at a budget perspective its cheaper to get a 2wd to handle the power than it is to build up my v1 5ive t to handle it. When I can I will continue the methonal build on it.

As for the engine it's exactly what was offered for sale, a used 71 Supreme and ill just say it looked better in the picture.

Time Send It GIF

Back