rovan 32cc squish meausuring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old man emu

hi men just checked my rovan 32cc squish as home with covid only had 1.6mm solder and it didn't squash it ,sounds like way to much gap would i benefit from changing base gasgets??

was just reading that around 1mm was good and i have around 1.6 mm so i thought it might have made a big difference to performance.

0.010" -0.012 extreme squish cleareance works on the Race gas Zens in our boats and can work with our buggies,, very powerful, I use iridium plugs.and custom carbies
Remember though when reducing the squish for more compression ,,the port timings change!!!So the cylinder ports require cutting for Max performance!

Iridium plugs don’t give a better spark than a normal plug if anything they are worse. They just last longer in more extreme environments like high compression turbo charged full scale cars. I think Iridium plugs are a waste of cash in our motors.

Pers
Iridium plugs don’t give a better spark than a normal plug if anything they are worse. They just last longer in more extreme environments like high compression turbo charged full scale cars. I think Iridium plugs are a waste of cash in our
You basically said iridium plugs are superior which I agree with..
Iridium plugs don’t give a better spark than a normal plug if anything they are worse. They just last longer in more extreme environments like high compression turbo charged full scale cars. I think Iridium plugs are a waste of cash in our motors.
Hello Milo I think you misunderstood the previous enquiry,about the head clearance enquiry,,and the port timing change

I didn’t say they are superior, I said they last longer. I wouldn’t want to keep changing my plugs every 2000 miles in my real car. You will get zero benefit from iridium plugs in our rc engines.

I didn’t misunderstand the original question I just commented on something you said. 👍🏾

They last longer, they do not produce the same spark as a standard plug. That's been proven more times then I care to mention. Setting a squish band below .018" is asking for issues as well. 99% of people don't rip their engines apart to de carbon them, and everyone has an infatuation with very heavy oil ratios. Also land based engines run a good bit hotter then water cooled engines. More then on one occasion I've seen people get greedy with squish clearances and have a head banger. In reality there's no reason to go under .020".
Remember most arnt racers, and it's rare for someone to do their own port work.

Any of you experience interference issues running the iridium plugs? Tried them in my marder and they'd make my servos go nuts. Alloy servo plate but don't do it with the regular cmr7h. 🤷

Iridium plugs transfer electric current faster.

Iridium plugs last way longer.

Iriduim plugs offer the highest electrode corrosion resistance .

Iridium plugs cost a TON .

Your choice if they are worth it or not. Sustained high rpm race engines in top tune then yes. Off the shelf low to mid rpm weed wacker engines, probably not.

Back