Torn between 3 engines.... seeking advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5ive T

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a losi 5ive T and im looking to upgrade the engine.... Plan on doing bashing with it and maybe a few speed runs on an oval or something just more or less general use, Also would like to see an impressive amount of power out of the engine [not diablo 88 power or anything but you get what i mean :) ].... Now i don't really want to spend a whole lot going for a taylor or anything so from the research iv'e done the next best options are:

OBR 6339 47cc fully decked out (ss porting, 100 octane race fuel compression) and including pipe (final price $1374)
OBR 6326 47cc fully decked out (ss porting) and including pipe (final price $1173)
And finally
OBR 6329 34cc signature series reed case fully decked out, no pipe, race fuel 110 octane or 100 octane or methanol(not sure weather to choose methanol or not, still deciding, an opinion on that would be helpful as well) Bored WT-1242A carb, ceramic bearings w/low drag viton seals, CNC machined and balanced crank shaft, to make final price $1054 with methanol or $1039 without methanol.

Which one of these would be the best choice for my application, give me the most power and most importantly the most smiles.... Also any other engine recommendations would be much appreciated as well :)

For that kind of cash I think it would be silly to not have the Taylor 35cc in the running.

Imo, get the 35 leave the obr stuff behind you.
From what I’ve seen the 34 has better top end and the 35 has more torque. I prefer the 34 for now. Maybe the 35 reed will be better when that comes out

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a losi 5ive T and im looking to upgrade the engine.... Plan on doing bashing with it and maybe a few speed runs on an oval or something just more or less general use, Also would like to see an impressive amount of power out of the engine [not diablo 88 power or anything but you get what i mean :) ].... Now i don't really want to spend a whole lot going for a taylor or anything so from the research iv'e done the next best options are:

OBR 6339 47cc fully decked out (ss porting, 100 octane race fuel compression) and including pipe (final price $1374)
OBR 6326 47cc fully decked out (ss porting) and including pipe (final price $1173)
And finally
OBR 6329 34cc signature series reed case fully decked out, no pipe, race fuel 110 octane or 100 octane or methanol(not sure weather to choose methanol or not, still deciding, an opinion on that would be helpful as well) Bored WT-1242A carb, ceramic bearings w/low drag viton seals, CNC machined and balanced crank shaft, to make final price $1054 with methanol or $1039 without methanol.

Which one of these would be the best choice for my application, give me the most power and most importantly the most smiles.... Also any other engine recommendations would be much appreciated as well :)

Hi, i would say taylor 35cc v2 engine, only my opinion😉

Rob, your not wrong by any means. But (imo) of course the 5t is a big heavy truck even stock before a bunch of aftermarket alloy is added. The op makes it sound as he has a stock truck and wants it faster. I feel the torque would be more up his alley.
I’ve seen a lot of these engines and have ran both side by side. They aren’t that impressive and I know a lot of people feel the same

Loook at the Taylor stuff. It’s a compleat build designed for the power. Not a 32 that’s been modified.
Taylor themselves even admitted the v1 sucked. The v2 is "better". Sure it may have more potential, but till they have a competent version that justifys the base cost it just not worth it. Been one of the most underwhelming, over hyped engines I've ever seen come out. I was so excidlted for it too. Would have been perfect for the vekta.

Hi everyone,

And finally

Taylor 35cc or taylor 40 cc ...obr 47 cc are crazy expensive and not worth it in my opinion, the 34cc are good but not at the same ball park as taylor power hause, i would never pay 1347$ on obr engine, im jewish🤣🤣🤣add a few buck's and get the taylor 50gt!!! My favorit engine out there...enjoy the hobby bro💪💪💪

Get the 34. The 47’s are not great
Yeah okay.... from what im seeing either a taylor 35cc or the obr 34cc... Any reason why not the reed 47cc obr? wouldnt it have more power and torque? or is it just not reliable or something?
I would wait till the taylor 35 v2 come out and make a decision then plus obr has a 35 coming out also. I would try and wait so you don't have any regrets later.
yeah good idea.... By the sounds of things the V2 is alot better

Yeah okay thanks for all of your advice...I really appreciate it

Ive been thinking you only live once and i've really been enjoying this hobby and i want something really impressive so ive been considering maybe a ALX 50 or an ALX 40 for a losi 5ive t? Are those around the same power and quality of taylor? Its just with ALX the prices are slightly cheaper so you get more bang for your buck and from what i can see there isn't a difference between the two in term of power and quality? Am i correct? and will i have to strengthen the drive train for the ALX 50? If so what parts exactly?

all still speculation at this point but your thoughts?

Yeah okay thanks for all of your advice...I really appreciate it

Ive been thinking you only live once and i've really been enjoying this hobby and i want something really impressive so ive been considering maybe a ALX 50 or an ALX 40 for a losi 5ive t? Are those around the same power and quality of taylor? Its just with ALX the prices are slightly cheaper so you get more bang for your buck and from what i can see there isn't a difference between the two in term of power and quality? Am i correct? and will i have to strengthen the drive train for the ALX 50? If so what parts exactly?

all still speculation at this point but your thoughts?
Alx and taylor rc are both great engines, taylor customer servise is better in my opinion,if you go with big bore change all drive train and brakes too, i would get the taylor 46cc or 50 gt, both great for the losi 5t...enjoy 🤘🤘🤘

I would wait till the taylor 35 v2 come out and make a decision then plus obr has a 35 coming out also. I would try and wait so you don't have any regrets later.
Also any idea when those two engines might come out?
Alx and taylor rc are both great engines, taylor customer servise is better in my opinion,if you go with big bore change all drive train and brakes too, i would get the taylor 46cc or 50 gt, both great for the losi 5t...enjoy 🤘🤘🤘
Any other particular reason you would choose the taylor over the ALX other then customer service or is that about it?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks