1/5 scale 4WD truck with reverse from SY-4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a troll

Now you know why they call me onegrumpy, short fuse.
I should learn to let things slide.
but when it comes to Rc i get a bit angry when ime trying to be nice and help, well i think you get my drift.
i did post pics of 3 of my car,s truck,s bodies off. i have heli,s to the only rc,s i don't have are race boats might try that next but i need to finish my 1/6 scale apachi first you might see in one of picks

I have one of these car and your right about the company replying to emails and stuffs because I cant get them to respond either.

My car first time using it and didn't even get a full tank of fuel threw it and it broke.
1 gears in front and rear diff cases stripped
2 front and rear shock tower mounts snapped off. (slight bump did this)
3 center diff case cracked ( reverse gear box )
4 Shocks aren't oil filled (as stated)
5 glue on tires (NO GOOD) blew apart
6 front outer axle cup broke
7 company doesn't care they tell me I have to buy new parts
8 I just bought this car in February 2 2011 and tested it on February 8 2011 first time and all this happen.
9 Shock towers broke first when I ran into the rear tire (rubber part) of my car
After going home and making some braces for the shock towers for it I went back to test it and this is when the gears front and rear diff internal gears must have went because the car wouldn't move anymore, Reverse wouldn't work either and when I did switch to reverse it just gave a grinding noise.
10 This car has so many design flaws its not funny and at the price of $ 902.00 USD shipped this is an expensive lesson.
11 have tried many time to contact company and others that supply this unit or one like it I haven't been able to get parts easily its still down
12 steering servo went bad also.
The instruction manual that came with my car were for the King Blue Devil but My car is the Pioneer XR T5 which the shock towers and front and rear gear boxes are different but have the same flaws in design because my friend has the King Blue Devil and same thing happen to his.
13 the major flaw is the shock towers is if you take a hit on the front or rear of this car it transmits the energy through the roll cage to either end of the car and snaps off the shock tower mounts.
14 To fix this all they had to do was make 2 main supports that go from the shock towers and roll cage to main chassis going inwards and downwards and all of these problems of broken gear boxes wouldn't happen.
15 As for the internal gearing well that is a different matter the metal they use in the planetary gears and rods is pot metal and not real steel only real steel in gear boxes is the spur gears.
16 I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone what so ever it just junk and many many many problems with design.
17 I have had to make all of these additional supports to get the car reliable and not break but haven't to this day to find anyone to be able to fit a different planetary gearing in it. I am trying other manufactures rear ends and see if any will fit or maybe new complete gear boxes that are proven products like the red-cat gears on my Rampage TT

Hope this helps someone else to choose or not to choose this vehicle

The dude posted this thread and left, never to answer a question anyone had for them. If that is, and looks to be, how they run there company then we should RUN from there product.:nono:

SY-4WD Pioneer XR T5

I posted some picks of this car but for some reason I don't see them anymore
Maybe they the company didn't like them and had them removed Who knows

Is there any pics of this thing?

Attachments

• XR-T5.jpg
    XR-T5.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 41
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 37
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 39
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 34
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 39
A lot of good the instruction manual is going to do me now I guess your supplying the manual so I can order all the parts that are broke and you can make more money off of me.
Well that isnt gonna happen I will just junk it (THE BROKEN PARTS NEEDED TO PUT THIS THING BACK TO WORKING ORDER IS ALMOST 600 USD ) .These parts shouldn't have broken so easily in just a short period of time or slight bumps.
I have a RedCat Rampage TT and I beat it badly and the most that has broken on it is a wheel bearing carrier on front or a turnbuckle in the rear. I have rolled tossed and cartwheeled this RedCat TT and it survives most everything I throw at it.
So why don't you try and help your customers out by supporting them on your products and especially warranty the defective parts.
You can choose what your company will do but in my opinion if you want to sell a product you must stick by it and support the product at least for 90 day like every other company at least does.
you have a good and wonder adventure in selling this vehicle you wont have much luck though because after many people read this review I am sure they wont buy it because of the company no support or warranty and design flaws in the construction of it.

Dale

sory i didnt have chance to reply geting ready to go play on sand box so far all i had to do was, i mod, steering useing titan hubs still running good the only thing i realy makes me nervous is the gears sound like there meshing hard other than that i realy haven't had a problem since i broke stearing.
remember 38 lbs is alot of wait to be jumping, don,t get me rong i enjoy it as much as next guy but i try to do it off road for inpact is not as great and i have my shocks set for soft ride instead of rigid i rather have it glide than bounce all over the place.

parts

as for parts you can go to engage rc and get rolling chasy and most parts i hope this helps, i don,t know what you where doing but you realy killed that truk.:cool:

Junk again

I went ahead and purchased the new gear boxes front and rear and also was told when i bought the front and rear differential that they were the NEW and HARDENED STEEL gears.
Well guess what I went to play again last weekend and only played on the level flat dirt and YES the front and rear differential gears stripped again first was the rear gears and then when i notice that the car was a little slower I was about to quit playing and drove the car over to me and before i could get it back to me the front went and stripped on me so had to go retrieve it from the ball field.

Well the upgraded ALLOY mid box assembly held together
As you can see in this picture the gears are gone In the front and rear gearboxes and if you notice closely the MELTED PLASTIC on the differential , also some melted pieces laying there as well,its the gear box that is melted and the screws that hold the differential main gear on has back out. I purchased these completely assembled so NO i didn't put them together and not use lock tight to keep the screws in . I would have thought that the factory would have. Done all of this when they told me these gears were the Upgraded ones assembled.

Also if you look at the ALLOY mid box they sent me one fully assembled is good but look at the other one I was going to transfer the gears from the plastic one to this new housing but it wont fit,, you will notice that the holes are cut different and the bearings wont fit in it and this company try and tell me its my fault that the holes are different sizes. (I don't get that conclusion) I just order the parts.

This company is really a joke because they build a car that is strong looking but weak in the most important area the drive train. Once I mod the shock tower braces and took 4 of the shocks off and oiled them right and did a few other mods everything is strong enough on this car to be a really tough car but am Finding it very hard to find any kind of differential gearing to fit in the stock gear boxes. The only problem I am having now is the differential gears everything else is corrected BY ME to make it good.

Just need the DAMN company to do the right thing and supply me with Proper gears that wont break in the first 10 minutes of play of normal use.

Attachments

• XR-T555.jpg
    XR-T555.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 24
  • GearBox&Gears.jpg
    GearBox&Gears.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Mid Box Cutting.jpg
    Mid Box Cutting.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Mid Gear box Alloy.jpg
    Mid Gear box Alloy.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 23
as for parts you can go to engage rc and get rolling chasy and most parts i hope this helps, i don,t know what you where doing but you realy killed that truk.:cool:

i would not buy any parts from engage rc i got 2 sets of steel gears from him for a fs truck
they lasted about 2 tanks both sets are shot i emailed him many times he will not respond he sells cheap crap do not shop there

HI GLEN
i don,t by alot from him unless i have to but so far its been holding up for me and i run full on and do a little jumping nothing real high the only problem was when i was runnig in hard snow and was jumping in and out it was fun till i broke steering knuckle, then i modified with titan knuckles couple washers and stearing arms from tighten removed rod and used all thread if it realy takes a turn for worse ile modify hole thing well wish you luck and that you get it to stay together jim

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks