1/5 scale 4WD truck with reverse from SY-4WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI GLEN
i don,t by alot from him unless i have to but so far its been holding up for me and i run full on and do a little jumping nothing real high the only problem was when i was runnig in hard snow and was jumping in and out it was fun till i broke steering knuckle, then i modified with titan knuckles couple washers and stearing arms from tighten removed rod and used all thread if it realy takes a turn for worse ile modify hole thing well wish you luck and that you get it to stay together jim

Well I don't know if that engage has parts for this thing because so far I haven't found anything that even matches anything in the car only thing I know that will fit are the FG wheels nothing else seems to be even close so far .
The center Reverse diff case is built very strong and use spider gears and ahvent broken at all only the plastic case cracked .

But I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to use planatiary gears in the rear and front diff cases. I think if they used the same gears as the center reverse diff case this truck would be very strong.

The other mods that would have to be done would be the shock tower braces and that was an easy fix.

You can buy just the reverse center diff case completely assembled and it works very well and am adapting it over to my other RedCat rampage TT so it will have reverse.
here is a pictuer of the rear and front diffear assemble and as you can see its very cheap metal the internal gears are POT metal and I am serious at only just a few runs the length of a ball field they stripped and teeth torn off.
Mid alloy box shown complete is 140 USD
Front and rear gears are 61 USD
Here is also a picture of the center reverse diff case and if they would have only use it these problems wouldnt be

Attachments

• Front diff box assembly.jpg
    Front diff box assembly.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Mid Box Assembly.jpg
    Mid Box Assembly.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Mid Gear box Alloy.jpg
    Mid Gear box Alloy.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 13
:cool: HAY TRIP WHATS UP,
How's the pic still look like a troll.
like i said mine is still holding up but like i said if it craps out ile modify,
thats what we do .
conplain and make them better.
unless we pay to much from the get go .
and if you don,t have the money then i feal for you.
it can hurt the wallet.

I agree with you on the baja diffs but not so much the mcd,s from what i hear alot of people have had problems with the mcd diffs.

Running a V4 Comp as we speak with 7hp motor coupled up and no issues, running an LSD in the front and stock in the rear. My comment was more to do with the simplicity of them as much as their reliability, as opposed to the one in the pictures above that looks like a birds nest of small bits.

Well i guess every body can say if yo have one and it blow,s apart modify it your choice, but lke i said mine still working when it craps out. Ile change the way it.s set up.
but if you in to doing it the hard and long way, try the company.
that sound,s sweet BiggaJ.
I bet your v4 go,s like hell pardon french.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks