1:5 Shengqi Hummer/F-150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAR

Shengqi Hummer Review online

New product reviews from new companies on the way, so keep checking in !!

The WMW group is heading up the US operations for Shengqi. Customer service has been great, revisions have been made to the lineup, and more improvements are on the way.

Engineering and Manufacturing changes are being made from Customer/Distributor input, so keep communicating your issues, companies are listening !!

Shengqi Hummer (CA04) Review is up here:

www.myspace.com/cflargescaleracing

l_462524a3acbf4646942abe70fc680386.png

I bought one of these. I had a few problems with it but over all I am happy with it. There are a few things that need atention when you first get it.

Thanks for the view and the comments!!

Hey guys, Thanks for the positive comments..

If we communicate issues to the correct sources, we can really get our monies worth. I have read the comments here online about this vehicle, so I was alittle aprehensive about even checking this vehicle out.

With basic RTR "Tuning" this vehicle is great bang for the buck overall. There were a few issues that I have communicated such as RIM REINFORCEMENT, FACTORY CARB TUNING, But both have not been an issue, because I checked the hardware throughout the truck, and loaded the differential with High Quality Grease....before testing/Bashing.

Keep those comments and issues coming, and keep wheel side down !!:)

Keep posted for new large scale reviews on new HPI, HARM, BERGONZONI, and TECHNOKIT at myspace.com/cflargescaleracing, If I can post them here as well as my site, I'd love to get our site here some new traffic, and provide our fellow members with some additional info before making that purchase.

Of course I will post a link here to show the Large Scale Love.

Thanks again for the support guys.

I'm not sure why diff's come with grease. Diff lock oil works better. Grease just splatters around the casing and stays along the sides. With diff lock oil it moves everywhere.

One major problem I had was the spur gear shaft. They put the wrong bearings in the shaft and after driving it around on the first tank the shaft slipped out of the motor mount. They used 5 mm wide bearings and when I checked an FG manual they should have been 7 mm wide. One of the grub screws was stripped for the gear that turns the diff. I was finally able to get the gear off. I picked up a bag of bearings off ebay and have had no more problems with the shaft. The one thing I like is that duratrax parts fit the truck and I can get them at the LHS. The body is very brittle. I had the body on the ground and a guy came racing by with his baja and hit the body. I spit the body in half at the rear portion. I still want to try and fix it. The duratrax firehammer MT body fit with no problems and it takes more abuse.

Hummer Updates

SELWA- The Diff is not sealed, so Diff oil would leak out, So you really have no choice on lube to use other than Grease with the stock Diff..And yes you could update it with comparable parts from models of similar design (FG,Duratrax). I have read here that some parts from FG may require additional parts to make compatible. Duratrax parts are a direct fit for the most part.

Madhampster- Sounds like you got one of the first production models, They have changed materials on the bodies, It was an injected molded plastic, and would fail at the flashing (where the seams meet), and crack. The new bodies take a decent beating. During testing we rolled the 20+ pound truck on it's lid at least twice, and no cracks, Early drivetrains had issues with consistency, But it sounds like you got That issue under control, So did they...But that doesn't help you now!! :)

Thanks for the posts.

Last edited:
Hey, that was a great review in my opinion. I got one of these for my wife and she really loves bashing it around. Just one question though....where can I get spare parts for it? I've trying looking on the net but can't find anything. I'm looking for rims...my wife busted one last time she drove it. Can you help me?

Help is on the way!!!

Toyonka,, There are a few places you can puchase these with no lead time.
The WMW group in Orlando, Florida they can be reached @ 1 (877) WMW – MOTOR or (407) 856 – 3688. They can sell you parts directly.

The other is Tower Hobbies threre address is www.towerhobbies.com
Duratrax Firehammer MT wheels are a direct fit. They also have a metal reinforced hub, so they may last a little longer...

Thanks for the kind words, I hope I helped. Stay tuned to www.myspace.com/cflargescaleracing for new product updates from various manufacturers, and Models.

Keep the wheels side down!!

hey guys, how are you

Hi, I just signed up, cool site.
I had a nice 3.65hp savage and sold it last year, getting back into it now.
I have a chance to pick up a shengqi hummer, comes with an upgraded motor 29cc, DDM pull start, DDM exhaust pipe, shock covers and filter cover, two boost bottles and the JR3 rec'. Just need to get a battery hump pack. It is new and never been used.
He wants $775 canadian for it. Not sure on the pricing on these, is this a really good deal. I am getting it this weekend.

appreciate your input.

thanks
phill

I like my hummer. If it still has the original body you might want to replace it later with the duratrax firehammer body. I has some good upgrades on it by the sound of it. Does it come with metal spur and clutch gear. If not I would highly recommend getting the CAT5 set from DDM. They are hardened steel and I put a set on and they still look like new. I went through a few sets of the plastic ones when I was running in the sand. I picked my truck up new on ebay for 405. The DDM pipe sells for 169 new for the chrome one. Just watch your truck for the spur gear drive shaft. Mine kept poping out when I got it and I found out after looking at a fg manual that they used the wrong size beaings for the shaft. They were 5mm wide instead of 7mm so the shaft would fall out. The boost bottles sound good but everyone I have take to about them say they are a waste of money. Find out it the radio has a built in failsafe. If it doesn't go out and buy one and put it on. It is well worth it to prevent a run away of a expensive and heavy truck. I also put on the duratrax body sides to keep out dirt and gas. One good thing 99% of duratrax parts will fit this truck. I haven't found a part that doesn't fit. If you have the stock filter on the truck get rid of it fast. You will destroy the engine in no time if you use it. It does not seal well around the carb and it doesn't keep out small particles. It only keeps out small children. I put on the upgraded duratrax one but you will have to buy a spacer from DDM to get choke clearance.

MAD H: sounds good..glad yours has minor issues and you can get the parts you need..
yeah you know the story on mine..complete rebuild..Have fu and enjoy the hobby..
AKASlawhammer

thanks for the info

I checked and it does have metal gears, also has DDM pullstart. I am definately putting in a failsafe. Going to get a strong hump battery pack for it to. Will change the air filter before I run it, was thinking of the K&N filter. going to put the sides on it.
I was also thinking of getting the 29cc motor ported and plished over the winter, what do you guys think about doing that. Not sure what horse power I would have doing that. Would like to get a good top speed out of it. Don't know how fast it will go, I know it says 80kph with the 23cc out of the box, not sure how accurate that it. Does anyone know.

ok, cool. what about the price, am I getting this for a good price. $775 shipped?

Also, what is the best way to break in the motor.

Last edited:
Get a good 2 stage filter. Do not use the K&N filters. They will not keep out the very small particles. I have the duratrax 2 stage filter on my truck. You want a filter that uses 2 part foam. One will have oil and the other is dry. Now you can do what one guy did and he got a foam filter and oiled it and put it inside the K&N one. Is the truck the yellow jeep that was on ebay the other week? I think you got a good price because if that is shipped because if you add up the upgrades on it you did alright. A stock duratrax firehammer sells for over 900 new here in london before taxes.:nono: Just watch the body because if you roll it to many time you will tear it apart.

Attachments

• Car 070.jpg
    Car 070.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 36
Hey

I am alittle north of bowmanville. I am going to build a track at the back of my back yard, approx 150'x80'. Going to put in a few jumps. wife does not mind, because you cannot see it from the house, would be cool to have someone to race against.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks