1:5 Shengqi Hummer/F-150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is in a Large box 3 foot long, by 2 feet wide ?????

A new model to review !! I'll say this, We had this new mystery model out today in 90 degree temps for 3 hours, and flogged it like a pirate with an STD. Damn, gotta love a good R/C run.

Glad to see all the response to the Review. Keep them coming, I have turned in a list of user issues in both performance, and manufacturing from input from a few of the forums. Great Job.

We are currently durabilty testing the Shengqi hummer for long term reliability, and we will post them, when the report is complete.....

Keep checking in @ www.myspace.com/cflargescaleracing for new jive on the world of large scale racing !!!!

so what I am getting from everyone here, is that I need to change my air filter, servos, I have on order 5000mah venom battery pack, already comes with alot of DDM stuff. Correct the idles. and will the JR3 2.4ghz be fine that I have? and a possibility of changing a 5mm bearing to 7mm, if not yet done, and it comes with steel gears.

other than that, will I have any other problems.

Hey Phil !!

Hey man try Superiorhobbies.com, I think they had it for $589.00 NEW plus shipping, which is usually isn't that bad. Give them a call ask for Ken Higby, great guys, awesome service. It should come in less than your current price. you may save a few bucks, and it's new.

Cat 5 MFG sells the metal gears for under $100.

What ever way you decide to go, Do the RTR kit basics, loctite, Carb adjustment check, Add the failsafe, the radio you have should be fine, you really don't need a 5000mah, rec. pack, the 3000mah NiMh from HPI lasts longer than a tank or two.

We've found that it is a great introductory model, with alot of upgrade and growth potential. It has had some early design issues, but as time goes on, and with customer input, that's making a positive turn. Our still runs like a top, mostly stock- no issues, nothing busted.

It seemed to us the time we spent combing through and setting up the model before running it has paid off. Believe me, we wanted to gas it up, and beat it, but an ounce prevention has paid off in our case...

Hey, the one I am getting is New, and all the upgrades are new. I checked and it does come with metal gears. I priced out the 3750mah pack at advanced hobbies in scarborough for $100, but getting the 5000mah for $55 from spectrum hobbies in whitby.

Your stealing that vehicle!!!!

Damn man, that is a redonkulous deal. Go for it and don't look back!! Good Luck, Brother!!!

Last edited:
got my truck today, wow it is huge lol, first 1/5 scale. I have ordered the venom 5000mah 7.4v, is this a good battery pack for it? or is there another one I should get. I might have to sauder on a pig tail to make a battery fit, what did everone else do. Has the small 2 pin red connecor. battery packs have the big white one.

thanks

I used the battery pack that came with the truck and put in 5 high mah rechargables and put electrical tape and cable ties around the pack. I use my rx recharger to recharge it in the truck. Look close at that shaft because another guy in a the rcuniverse forum had the same shaft fall out after he ran it a little while. The shaft will look like it is correct but it will fall out after you run a tank through it. The spur gear carrier should ride against the bearing but it actually rides against the bearing and shaft support plate. What will happen is the support plate will be cut away by the spur gear holder and cause the shaft to move in until it falls out and then you can damage the gear on the end of the spur shaft that turns the diff. Watch the three set screws that hold that gear on because they strip easy. Everyone I have spoken to has had that problem.

my screw stipped when I was taking the cover off, what is the best thing to do now, the bearing seems fine. what is the measurement of the bearing, 7mm x?

thanks

The bearings are 10x19x7 mm I got them off ebay from a seller called VXB.
10 ID
19 OD
7 wide.
What screw stripped for what cover? Are you taking about the three that hold the gear cover on or one of the set screws for the gear.

Last edited:
The three screws that hold the gear cover on go into the engine. If it is just the head of the screw that is stripped then replacing it will be easy. If the hole in the engine block is stripped you will to try getting a longer screw. I got rid of the gear cover and put on CAT5 drive gears. I went to the hardware store and found a longer metric bolt and replaced the one on my engine. When they made my truck they only put 2 screws in instead of 3. They are 6mm bolts for the mount. Was the one that stripped the upper right one that holds on the DDM exhaust. I put a longer one in there with a washer. If you use the old screw it will strip the hole because it does not go in far enough with the exhaust on. I went to Rona and found a perfect one that work in the bulk screw area. I had a nut driver head but it was longer and did the trick.

Hey, it was the other bolt, top left. they did strip in the engine, I am getting a tool and dye set this weekend, will fix the threads. will take your advise and get a longer 6mm bolt. appreciate the tips.

good and bad

i own the shenqi hummer for a while now.
have had one rim break but was able to buy the firehammer rims as replacement, perfect fit along with many other parts ive seen.
i think mine has a flaw. the exhaust has melted a small hole in the gas tank. its so close, possibly a 2mm gap of clearance. i had to take every thing off and re-melted the tank back its okay now. and had to buy heat shield wrap for the exhaust manifold. so far its good to go. what i need to know is has anyone bought an x-can theirs? or a ddm pipe that will work WHILE keeping the hummer body on without cutting it?
anyone have their tank melt yet ? let me know

Bump for new holiday owners. Been working with the forum to break out these "Other" brands as to create a "pool" of information regarding these units and collect information directly about them in one tidy place!!!

Props go to LSF!!

Radio Problem

I like my hummer. If it still has the original body you might want to replace it later with the duratrax firehammer body. I has some good upgrades on it by the sound of it. Does it come with metal spur and clutch gear. If not I would highly recommend getting the CAT5 set from DDM. They are hardened steel and I put a set on and they still look like new. I went through a few sets of the plastic ones when I was running in the sand. I picked my truck up new on ebay for 405. The DDM pipe sells for 169 new for the chrome one. Just watch your truck for the spur gear drive shaft. Mine kept poping out when I got it and I found out after looking at a fg manual that they used the wrong size beaings for the shaft. They were 5mm wide instead of 7mm so the shaft would fall out. The boost bottles sound good but everyone I have take to about them say they are a waste of money. Find out it the radio has a built in failsafe. If it doesn't go out and buy one and put it on. It is well worth it to prevent a run away of a expensive and heavy truck. I also put on the duratrax body sides to keep out dirt and gas. One good thing 99% of duratrax parts will fit this truck. I haven't found a part that doesn't fit. If you have the stock filter on the truck get rid of it fast. You will destroy the engine in no time if you use it. It does not seal well around the carb and it doesn't keep out small particles. It only keeps out small children. I put on the upgraded duratrax one but you will have to buy a spacer from DDM to get choke clearance.

hi there, recently bought the shegQi 1/5 remote control car and am experiencing difficulty with the radio control system. I've started it up and there is no problem there as it starts up with ease, however when i turn on the transmitter and the reciever there seems to be no rosponse from the car whatsoever when i try to turn the car, or adjust the throttle etc. I've charged the reciever battery fully and also the light on the transmitter comes on as i have fitted it with 8 brand new batteries. Please help me as i am dying to take this beast out asap. Thanks alot!

hi there, recently bought the shegQi 1/5 remote control car and am experiencing difficulty with the radio control system. I've started it up and there is no problem there as it starts up with ease, however when i turn on the transmitter and the reciever there seems to be no rosponse from the car whatsoever when i try to turn the car, or adjust the throttle etc. I've charged the reciever battery fully and also the light on the transmitter comes on as i have fitted it with 8 brand new batteries. Please help me as i am dying to take this beast out asap. Thanks alot!

Sounds like your RX or TX has taken a dump. May want to trouble shoot and see which one, but I would say buy a new radio system anyway. The RTR systems are teh least expensive to keep cost down.:(

You could also get a hold of the seller and tell us what the warranty is like on this model?

Radio and the addition of failsafe is one of the first upgrades you will want to do with your investment on these. We're not big on risking a 500-900 model on a no name radio.

Hey guy's can anyone who has one of these please let me know what length the drive shafts are from tip to tip, I have a Carson CRT and find it difficult to source these and have to get them from th USA, if these are the right size I will have a different option and possibly a cheaper one to boot.

Thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks